PFF Starting QB Rankings through week 6

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
Purdy checks in at #9!

9. IOWA STATE: BROCK PURDY
Following up an incredible season in 2018, Purdy is hitting his stride despite two losses to start the 2019 season. Much like the aforementioned Huntley, Purdy is dominant on throws targeted at least 10 yards downfield, completing 43-of-74 attempts for 945 yards and eight touchdowns. He’s thrown nine big-time throws on such attempts and is an exceptional athlete with the ball in his hands. He’s ripped off 246 yards on the ground so far this year including five touchdowns and six carries of at least 10 yards. With elite game grades in his bag, the sky is limit as the Cyclones push through Big 12 play this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Looking at 1-3... I'm surprised to see Jalen Hurts at #2, above Tua. Can you imagine how dominant Alabama would be if they had Lincoln Riley as their QBs coach and/or offensive coordinator?

It's great seeing Brock mentioned so prominently. I've always read that you can't go far in CFB without a top QB, and I love that we have one.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ILikeTurtles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2011
It's kind of wild seeing all the transfer QBs on here. Just in the top ten there are three transfers that're ranked higher than the QB at their old school. Wonder if it's a random year or if that'll be a big thing going forward like in basketball.

Wasn't ISU also thought to be in on Joe Burrow for a while?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: casey1973

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Big 12 has consistently been the best QB conference for a loooooooong time now. Really easy to see glancing at the NFL or lists like this. Especially if you consider it's only 10 teams instead of 14.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It should -- Duggan's entry mentioned that he had his highest-graded game against us (surprisingly).
In the article it references one of the QBs, which I can't remember as I was just scrolling through, but they said something about an upcoming game that had already happened.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
  • Informative

ILikeTurtles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2011

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He was awesome in the 2nd half. Helps to have a thoroughbred like Raeger but Duggan's arm was damn impressive.

Eisworth was out and ISU went pretty soft in coverage, but all the same Duggan made some really big time throws down the stretch. I don't know if this season can be salvaged (I'm looking at their schedule now and thinking 5-7 is their best case scenario) but they're going to be a good team again next year if Duggan continues to improve.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Despite not having his best day, Brock now leads the Big 12 in passing. Very impressive considering 2 others have consistently been mentioned as heisman contenders and our offense isn't air raid like Tech and OSU.

upload_2019-10-12_20-55-19.png

He's on track to break all of Iowa State's passing records and he should smash the single season record at his current pace.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Despite not having his best day, Brock now leads the Big 12 in passing. Very impressive considering 2 others have consistently been mentioned as heisman contenders and our offense isn't air raid like Tech and OSU.

View attachment 67541

He's on track to break all of Iowa State's passing records and he should smash the single season record at his current pace.
Not knocking Brock, but that looking at that list, the Big 12 is way down on QB talent compared to last year's. Seems like 300 yards per game would've been middle of the pack a lot of years. I think defenses have gotten a lot better this year too, though.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not knocking Brock, but that looking at that list, the Big 12 is way down on QB talent compared to last year's. Seems like 300 yards per game would've been middle of the pack a lot of years. I think defenses have gotten a lot better this year too, though.

Yeah, usually Tech and OSU usually have more prolific QBs. Can’t really blame them since Tech is into their backups and OSU’s RB is crazy good.

• Agree

Help Support Us

Become a patron