Personal Checks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Wallruss64

Feb 5, 2009
Monticello, IA
I need to order some new checks and was wondering if anyone has any idea if there are checks with the new logo on them? I found ones with Cy on them but I would rather have the new logo. Thanks in advance.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
You can search around the web for places that allow you to make your own checks. We did that with some family photos and I was very pleased with them. (Sorry, it was a while back and I don't remember who it was, but there are several)

A fair bit more expensive than your standard fare checks, but I thought it worth it (and we use maybe 2 checks a month, so they are lasting forever)

I don't imagine there would be any copy infringement issues. Moreso, I don't think anyone would know.

The ones we got allowed 4 different pictures - rotated every fourth check. So you could use the new logo, old mascot logos, picture of Hilton, picture fo the Jack, bunch of stuff.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
You can search around the web for places that allow you to make your own checks. We did that with some family photos and I was very pleased with them. (Sorry, it was a while back and I don't remember who it was, but there are several)

A fair bit more expensive than your standard fare checks, but I thought it worth it (and we use maybe 2 checks a month, so they are lasting forever)

I don't imagine there would be any copy infringement issues. Moreso, I don't think anyone would know.

The ones we got allowed 4 different pictures - rotated every fourth check. So you could use the new logo, old mascot logos, picture of Hilton, picture fo the Jack, bunch of stuff.

I tried to get golf balls with the new logo printed on them and they wouldn't do it for this reason. I ended up using the CF logo (which Jeremy agreed to) and they are pretty cool.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA

Actually, that would be exactly what trademark infringement is. If you pay money to the University for the use of said trademark you'll be fine. Not that they'd go after you, but it would be.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Actually, that would be exactly what trademark infringement is. If you pay money to the University for the use of said trademark you'll be fine. Not that they'd go after you, but it would be.

Do I need to be worried about the cops coming after me because I have a logo in my avatar?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Why even get checks? You don't need them in this day and age. One of my biggest pet peeves is people writing checks in stores.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
The picture doesn't matter as long as you write something like "donkey show" on the memo line.
When I pay off gambling debts with a check to my friends I always write "back rubs" or "intimate favors" or "marital duties" in the for line. My friend had an awesome pick up line at the bank by a hot teller and blew it.
"For back rubs? You must give good back rubs."
he was so flustered he didn't even answer her.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I tried to get golf balls with the new logo printed on them and they wouldn't do it for this reason. I ended up using the CF logo (which Jeremy agreed to) and they are pretty cool.

There's an idea. Work something out with Jeremy and get CF checks!

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
As a producer of personal checks, this hurts more than any post I've read in a long time:cry::cry::cry::cry:

To the original question, the only ones I know of have the whirlybird Cy logo. They look nice!:yes:
Now you know how I feel when people post with complete disregard for the English language.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I need to order some new checks and was wondering if anyone has any idea if there are checks with the new logo on them? I found ones with Cy on them but I would rather have the new logo. Thanks in advance.

I get mine through Check Art. I had ones with the whirling cy and the last time I reordered I automatically got ones with the new logo. Nice looking checks.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm not above stupid little errors. You get in a hurry, it's a message board. But some things get ridiculous.

I totally agree. Good English is a good thing.

I used to point out her mom's spelling errors, because I have a bad habit of thinking spelling mistakes are funny. Apparently, that can really can hurt a wife's feelings. I don't recommend it.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007

Try contacting Jeff at the Alumni office and see if anyone has started using the new logo. It's a thought.