Pemsl enters transfer portal

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
Yeah I don't think Iowa is going to end up being a 7-9 seed next year, rather they'll be sitting around a 4-6, however there are Iowa fans now talking like they're going to be a 1-3 seed. It'll be a good year for them next year but those that are claiming Iowa is a final 4 team are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Iowa is in almost everyone's preseason top 10 next year assuming Garza comes back. It's not just Iowa fans thinking it's a top 3 seeded team.

You sure think you know a lot about Hawkeye basketball.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa is in almost everyone's preseason top 10 next year assuming Garza comes back. It's not just Iowa fans thinking it's a top 3 seeded team.

Top 3 seed. Lol just setting up for the Fran fade

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
From what I can tell Luka himself deserves the most credit.

He is 21 years old. Most of what happens is now on him, not forces around him.

Give the young man credit for what *he* has done.

I don't think anyone on this board will argue that Luka hasn't worked his a$$ off. IMO the concerning part is that it all took place outside of Iowa City.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I get why everyone is high on Iowa for next season and on paper they should be really good but you can't deny the roster mismanagement under Fran. Next year he will have way to many levers at his disposal to pull and it will definitely cost them a handful of games.

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
I don't think anyone on this board will argue that Luka hasn't worked his a$$ off. IMO the concerning part is that it all took place outside of Iowa City.

I don't really care how he became a unanimous All American. He could train with Bozo the Clown for all I care as long as he's doing this stuff.

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
I get why everyone is high on Iowa for next season and on paper they should be really good but you can't deny the roster mismanagement under Fran. Next year he will have way to many levers at his disposal to pull and it will definitely cost them a handful of games.

That's my only worry besides injury issues.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Where is Garza going to go? Lol

And yeah, I too think they're going to be preseason top 10, but that doesn't mean they're going to end up there..

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014
Wins dont necessarily mean better. BC and VT were rated worse than ISU in Kenpom. Hell, go take a look to see where BC was ranked, its brutal.

But I'll remember that W-L records matter to you more than logic, metrics, or rankings.
You wanna talk about ISU’s Kenpom rating? I don’t think you do.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Iowa has a NPOY finalist and still managed 20-11.

Solid team, they’ll finish around 20 to 23 wins and 10-12 losses.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You wanna talk about ISU’s Kenpom rating? I don’t think you do.
We know we sucked last year so bringing that up doesn't really get under many people's skin.. Lol

Also isn't kind of ironic that in the one year Iowa basketball is night and day better than Iowa State, there's a global pandemic that cancels the tournament and makes the entire season feel like it was for nothing? That must suck.

Reactions: Cytown12

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
If they lost in the first round of the BTT they were a 7-9 seed. I'm not even sure how you could argue that their NET was taking a nosedive

If they won in the first round of the BTT they were a 3-6 seed. Sounds like they were peaking at just the right time!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If they won in the first round of the BTT they were a 3-6 seed. Sounds like they were peaking at just the right time!
They were never ever going to get a 3 or a 4 seed. It was impossible. Winning the Big 10 tournament would've bumped them to a 5 seed at best.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron