Pelini roots for Iowa...ISU just another game.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
In his weekly press conference, Bo said he always roots for Iowa because of his one year there. He said Iowa State is "just another game" to him. Hopefully, it will be more than that.

MrReality

Sep 5, 2008
In his weekly press conference, Bo said he always roots for Iowa because of his one year there. He said Iowa State is "just another game" to him. Hopefully, it will be more than that.

Pelini (and almost every coach in the country) say each week is just another game. Don't take offense to that comment.

I hate to break your bubble, but to most Nebraska fans, Iowa State is just another game. Nebraska is now without a true rival since the Big 12 started, but Iowa State probably ranks 6th out of the 6 Big 12 North teams they most want to beat.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
That is fine if you don't consider ISU a rival. Funny thing is you consider Iowa a rival and/or many of your fanbase is obsessed with the hawks. Yet, Iowa fans could really care less about Nebraska.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I hate to break your bubble, but to most Nebraska fans, Iowa State is just another game. Nebraska is now without a true rival since the Big 12 started, but Iowa State probably ranks 6th out of the 6 Big 12 North teams they most want to beat.

psst--they were actually objecting to Pelini saying he roots for Iowa.

And since you don't care about beating us, we'll just go ahead and win, then. How does that sound?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I don't understand why the press is making such a big deal about Pelini "returning to Iowa". He was a grad assistant at Iowa, not Iowa State, and he was only there for a year. Would they make a bid deal about Iowa State playing at South Carolina because Chizik was a grad assistant at Clemson?

I'm glad he doesn't care, maybe his players won't care either.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Pelini (and almost every coach in the country) say each week is just another game. Don't take offense to that comment.

I think someone needs to take a little math refresher course.

6th out of the Big XII North? Just how many schools does the North have now????

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Bo can't hear himself think because of his gross gum chewing style.

Bo will know this is more than just another game after Gene the defensive Genius locks down and shuts their offense out. Gene looking to make statement here and show the world who the real defensive guru is!

30-0.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I think someone needs to take a little math refresher course.

6th out of the Big XII North? Just how many schools does the North have now????

I guess that Nebraska fans think they are so good that they have to beat themselves in order to get a true test. They did sell out their spring game this year, I wonder if Nebraska won that game. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

MrReality

Sep 5, 2008
I guess that Nebraska fans think they are so good that they have to beat themselves in order to get a true test. They did sell out their spring game this year, I wonder if Nebraska won that game. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yeah, I screwed up with the 6th out of the Big 12 North. Who care, you all know what I meant.

That doesn't mean the fans don't want Nebraska to win this game. It's just that they assume this game as a win every year, so they don't spend a lot of time stressing out over it.

I do think Chizik is doing a good job at ISU, and I do root for ISU most of their games. To say that most Nebraska fans consider Iowa a rival is just plain ridiculious. I know some fans on message boards talk trash back and fort, but Nebraskans consider ISU more of a rival than Iowa.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I don't understand why the press is making such a big deal about Pelini "returning to Iowa". He was a grad assistant at Iowa, not Iowa State, and he was only there for a year. Would they make a bid deal about Iowa State playing at South Carolina because Chizik was a grad assistant at Clemson?

I'm glad he doesn't care, maybe his players won't care either.

Ok, I think the same way- but when will we be able to beat a team that 1. wants to beat us 2. shows up ready to play us or 3. doesn't look ahead to their next opponent. haha those days are coming.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yeah, I screwed up with the 6th out of the Big 12 North. Who care, you all know what I meant.

That doesn't mean the fans don't want Nebraska to win this game. It's just that they assume this game as a win every year, so they don't spend a lot of time stressing out over it.

I do think Chizik is doing a good job at ISU, and I do root for ISU most of their games. To say that most Nebraska fans consider Iowa a rival is just plain ridiculious. I know some fans on message boards talk trash back and fort, but Nebraskans consider ISU more of a rival than Iowa.

Nebraska can't afford to take anybody for granted. They really aren't very good right now and I guess I don't get the excitement about Pelini (sp?).

I cheer for Nebraska the rest of the year, but the fanbase can be interesting. I grew up in Council Bluffs, so maybe I just have bad memories as the worst Husker fans reside in Omaha/Southwestern Iowa. The folks I meet out here seem to be good people.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The press only put one little article, actually just a line in an article out there.

I'm not sure why it's worthy of discussion. I'm pretty sure that Gene cheers for Texas when they're not playing ISU, in fact I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't.