Peach Bowl: UCF vs Auburn 11:30 am ESPN

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Ha ha, Auburn
Former Baylor QB throws pick
Michigan is the only blemish for B1G
Notre Dame beats LSU late & Canada couldn’t get offense going
Not bad start for the day

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
UCF picks off Stidham to end Auburn's last deperate attempt to tie the game. They win it 34-27.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They certainly should have lost 10 seconds on that injury but a moot point as he just threw it to UCF to end the game. Lol. Nice game UCF.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
UCF got hosed out of playing for the national title. They beat the team that the CFP selection committee had in the playoffs for a few weeks until Auburn lost in the SEC championship.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Husker fans:
1382821037830.gif

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Frost will make Nebby immediately better. Not a lock to return them to their glory years, but they’ll be up there with Wisky year in & year out in the B1G West

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Every Nebraska fan in the country just got a huge boner.
Huge is a relative term...lol jk. But did you see the two Nebraska fans they showed on tv in the stands. It is so funny seeing them so desperate. I hope those Nebraska fans are from Georgia or that is just sad that they traveled 1,000 miles to see their future coach because they didn’t have anything better to do or their own bowl game to go to.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
UCF was pretty impressive on defense for a team that gave up 55 to Memphis. Had a lot of guys that just plain wanted it more. Frost is probably going to struggle a little at NU next year with guys that don't fit his style, but that was a very well coached team out there.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
NE fans: if Frost can do that (13-0) at UCF, he most definitely can in Lincoln!

I don’t think that’s the case anymore. They’ll be better though for sure.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The only thing I don't like about UCF winning today is that now people will argue they should have been in the 4 team playoff.

It's possible for a team to play an AAC schedule and be one of the top teams in the country, but as long as the championship is just four teams, I just don't think you can grant them a spot.

I don't think win percentage is everything. I don't think top conferences with bad bottoms and unbalanced scheduling should be rewarded for providing an easier path for their teams either.

I think the playoff needs to go to eight teams ASAP if we want to provide more of these teams an earned shot, but I don't kid myself. The selection committee will continue to favor TV sets over what happens in the field.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The only thing I don't like about UCF winning today is that now people will argue they should have been in the 4 team playoff.

It's possible for a team to play an AAC schedule and be one of the top teams in the country, but as long as the championship is just four teams, I just don't think you can grant them a spot.

I don't think win percentage is everything. I don't think top conferences with bad bottoms and unbalanced scheduling should be rewarded for providing an easier path for their teams either.

I think the playoff needs to go to eight teams ASAP if we want to provide more of these teams an earned shot, but I don't kid myself. The selection committee will continue to favor TV sets over what happens in the field.

Especially that last part. If this year had 8, maybe UCF gets in, but those spots really just go to Auburn, Ohio State, and whatever familiar name was right on the edge.

It's not at all about a championship for the organizers. They win just by ratings and ad dollars, which is all that really matters.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
#1 Clemson vs #8 UCF
#2 Oklahoma vs #7 Auburn
#3 Georgia vs #6 Wisconsin
#4 Alabama vs #5 Ohio State

Use the exact same system we currently have, just add a round of games on campus after Championship Saturday with the higher seed hosting. It’d be amazing

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Huge is a relative term...lol jk. But did you see the two Nebraska fans they showed on tv in the stands. It is so funny seeing them so desperate. I hope those Nebraska fans are from Georgia or that is just sad that they traveled 1,000 miles to see their future coach because they didn’t have anything better to do or their own bowl game to go to.

Probably from SW Iowa. Or maybe Harlan.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
PAC 12 had no business having 2 teams in the NY6 bowls while the BIG 12 only had OU. TCU deserved it more than Washington and USC. But hindsight is 20/20.

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame