Pat Riley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I honestly I think he would fit in very well with the Heat. He wouldn't need to score and is a great distributor and rebounder. Unfortunately I hate the Heat as well.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't get the lebron hate .. most
efficient player in league while being unselfish . him and royce would have some sick dimes!

Yeah, why would people dislike a guy who staged media circus events, championship rallies and championship celebrations, claimed to be heading for 8 championships...before he won a single championship?

He's easily the most talented basketball player to ever play the game in my opinion. I guess if talent were the only element of likability he would be universally loved.

As far as Royce to the Heat...talk about a team that could mask all of Royce's shortcomings and risk factors. He could be an impact player for them without the pressures that would come other places. The Heat also need to get a ton of production out of their young players and bench vets because there's not a lot left after paying 3 max guys, so Royce would either play or move on quickly.

They'll likely be picking right next to my team the Bulls, the Bulls are probably the best team passing and rebounding team in basketball and that fits Royce's game perfectly, but he would be asked to knock down an open shot more often in Chicago's offense than in Miami. In Miami two guys warrant a legit double team, along with a third all star, that's not a ton of pressure to make open jumpers for a backup 3-4.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Yeah, why would people dislike a guy who staged media circus events, championship rallies and championship celebrations, claimed to be heading for 8 championships...before he won a single championship?

He's easily the most talented basketball player to ever play the game in my opinion. I guess if talent were the only element of likability he would be universally loved.

As far as Royce to the Heat...talk about a team that could mask all of Royce's shortcomings and risk factors. He could be an impact player for them without the pressures that would come other places. The Heat also need to get a ton of production out of their young players and bench vets because there's not a lot left after paying 3 max guys, so Royce would either play or move on quickly.

They'll likely be picking right next to my team the Bulls, the Bulls are probably the best team passing and rebounding team in basketball and that fits Royce's game perfectly, but he would be asked to knock down an open shot more often in Chicago's offense than in Miami. In Miami two guys warrant a legit double team, along with a third all star, that's not a ton of pressure to make open jumpers for a backup 3-4.
As long as lebron, wade, and bosh are there the blame will always fall on them as long as the rest of the team plays even remotely ok.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I don't understand how people can hate Lebron but like Kobe. Lebron has never been in trouble with the law, whereas Kobe, well, there was that whole rape thing a while ago that everyone seems to forget about. When Lebron wins a few titles I predict he will silence most of his haters.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
I don't think that would be smart as far as the Heat are concerned because Lebron and Royce play offense in pretty much the same way. Need the ball in their hands and either takes it to the rack or dishes it to a teammate. Lebron is obviously about 1000x better than Royce but their styles are very very close to each others.

cymaniac17

Jan 25, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't think that would be smart as far as the Heat are concerned because Lebron and Royce play offense in pretty much the same way. Need the ball in their hands and either takes it to the rack or dishes it to a teammate. Lebron is obviously about 1000x better than Royce but their styles are very very close to each others.

This is what I'm thinking as well. NTM the heat need a true center not another backup pf. Haslem and turiaf play center for them but there both more pf types. Also royce will be a 4 and maybe play a little 3... there won't be a lot of playing time for royce in Miami with bosh and lebron playing in front of him. I think the heat would be a bad fit for royce. IMO

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I don't understand how people can hate Lebron but like Kobe. Lebron has never been in trouble with the law, whereas Kobe, well, there was that whole rape thing a while ago that everyone seems to forget about. When Lebron wins a few titles I predict he will silence most of his haters.

Kobe has stuck it out with his team through thick and thin. Sure there have been rumors of him wanting to be traded when they were not doing well, but he stuck with his team. Lebron, not exactly. I mean the guy grew up in Ohio and just completely slapped that franchise in the face. Kobe gave the heads up if something were to happen, Lebron said I might go I might not. I dont think it matters what Kobe did with his personal life, but what he has done when it comes to the sport. Same goes for Tiger. A lot of people still like him even though he had personal issues.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Kobe has stuck it out with his team through thick and thin. Sure there have been rumors of him wanting to be traded when they were not doing well, but he stuck with his team. Lebron, not exactly. I mean the guy grew up in Ohio and just completely slapped that franchise in the face. Kobe gave the heads up if something were to happen, Lebron said I might go I might not. I dont think it matters what Kobe did with his personal life, but what he has done when it comes to the sport. Same goes for Tiger. A lot of people still like him even though he had personal issues.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Cleveland and Los Angeles. Kobe wouldn't have stuck it out in Cleveland.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If RW is available when Miamis pick comes up, they would be stupid not to take him. That being said, he wont be.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
How about putting Royce at the point on that team. Now that would be cool. I'd actually have to give a crap about the NBA. Okay no I wouldn't. Well, maybe.

Interesting idea. They'd have some defensive flexibility as well because Wade and Lebron are good and versatile defenders.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Miami is going to have one of the last picks in the first round. Unless they trade up Royce will probably be off the board by the time they pick.

K

KFitzy87

I wish the Thunder would tank a little to move up and get Royce :yes:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

LeBron will never win as many championships as he has celebrated in grand fashion. It's that simple. He's won the "Championship of Me" a few times already. Most people don't care for that, but certain types of fans ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids

While the "decision" might have been a slap of sorts, I don't think Lebron owes Cleveland anything. I mean, he played there what, 8 years? He carried them to the Finals pretty much on his own, they had one of the top records in the league one other year. The franchise not helping him win a title is more of a slap, I think. Who did they bring in? Antwan Jamison? Mo Williams? The Cleveland franchise did nothing to help LeBron. I would have left also, more quietly, but still. No commitment at all from them.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
LeBron will never win as many championships as he has celebrated in grand fashion. It's that simple. He's won the "Championship of Me" a few times already. Most people don't care for that, but certain types of fans ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Bad Teacher was bad but I will always enjoy this scene.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAbojIyN1zY]BAD TEACHER: Lebron Vs Jordan clip - YouTube[/ame]

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
I may be wrong, but I think theres a lot of LeBron hate because, other than the obvious, he never lets his play do the talking. People like Kobe because all he talks about is wanting to win rings, but LeBron is more worried about being a star than winning titles. He also made it very clear that he thought it would be easy to win titles in Miami, while Kobe hasn't taken any of his championships for granted.

That's just my two cents, sorry to get off subject.