Pat Downey won't be wrestling for Iowa after all

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I thought all he needed was to graduate from Iowa State and to be accepted into graduate school at another institution. He accomplished both.

I don’t care what people think about him one way or the other. I don’t understand the denial though, unless I missed something regarding what he needed to do. Seems like he did everything.

What did I miss?

• Agree
Reactions: 6scrapper7

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought all he needed was to graduate from Iowa State and to be accepted into graduate school at another institution. He accomplished both.

I don’t care what people think about him one way or the other. I don’t understand the denial though, unless I missed something regarding what he needed to do. Seems like he did everything.

What did I miss?

That works for your first waiver. The guy signed with Oregon state, ends up at Nebraska, has to go to Iowa central and then up to us. He had burnt that waiver already.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That works for your first waiver. The guy signed with Oregon state, ends up at Nebraska, has to go to Iowa central and then up to us. He had burnt that waiver already.
Man, he literally signed to about the furthest school away from his home that he could have.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Yah, if it was a simple five to play four graduate transfer I don't think you need a waiver. Had to have something to do with the four or maybe asking for a sixth to do four.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yah, if it was a simple five to play four graduate transfer I don't think you need a waiver. Had to have something to do with the four or maybe asking for a sixth to do four.

Did he have an Olympic redshirt in there, or no? He was a junior world medalist (silver) in 2012. That could have qualified him for an ORS.