Pat Downey Taking "Official Visit" to Iowa

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Nope, but no money risked by BRands.

I think Brands is afraid of having the worst finish at NCAA in what 40-50 years and the pressure that Brands will get. Downey will keep that from happening

Sports, college and professional are about winning not character. To bad, but if you have talent, a lot gets shoved under the rug

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
See guys, TnT are the saviors that the hok imbeciles think they will be. #makingdowneygreatagain

Amazing that hawk fans I know say, he only needs to keep straight for a few months Basically admitting that they don't care about the kids, just what they can do for them.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

I think Brands is afraid of having the worst finish at NCAA in what 40-50 years and the pressure that Brands will get. Downey will keep that from happening

Sports, college and professional are about winning not character. To bad, but if you have talent, a lot gets shoved under the rug

I don't think his scholarship amount changes the risk Brands is taking here. It'll probably work out since he only has to avoid trouble for 2 1/2 months, but he's risking both the publicity of Downey crashing out publicly but also the risk from Downey being a locker room cancer.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
He's attended like 40 different schools since he started high school and according to him/his dad(who is active on the internet) none of the departures are his fault

1-downing is a **** show. No debate.
2-without debate it is genetic. His dad is an absolute morally empty human.
3-if we are honest college sports is about the student-athlete. I am stretching the term student.
4-the brands boys/men are prolly the last thing pat wants to face after 47 schools, and likely 100's of coaches.
5-downing will not bring iowa to relevance because what's his name is owning college wrestling in Pennsylvania.
6-downing only has 1 year in Iowa city unless he commits more crimes. **** it. Iowa city is a good place for a criminal.
7-the drownings are a cancer. Always have been and will always be. The thing is let's give him his 400th chance. As a society we have to give men like the brands a chance to fix race baiiting, criminals an opportunity for redemption. That is not glib. I mean it. I hAve spent time with brands. He is ******* crazy in a good way. He might be just crazy enough to help 3. I doubt because 2 is a useless sack of humanity. The alternative is 3 is in jail. Cost to society is small.
8-most won't get this joke but "**** it I am the machine" with the 14 minute watch:

Here's the relevant post from that other thread (not my content, but don't know how to link to posts)
There are ALWAYS 2 sides to very story...So interested in your side to the following stories:

1. Getting kicked-off ISU team.
2. Getting kicked-off Nebraska team.
3. Getting kicked out of Mt. st. Joseph HS.
4. Leaving Loch Raven HS after one year.
5. Leaving North Country HS after he was not allowed to wrestle senior year due to legal cases.
6. Moving him to Orlando to wrestle at Oviedo HS, and being not allowed to wrestle.
7. Pleading guilty to Assault and spending 6 days in jail in HS.
8. Accused of assaulting 2 Navy Cadets.
9. Accused of dragging a 16 yr old drug dealer alongside a car.
10. Assaulting a student a breaking his own thumb right before wrestling season at Nebraska.

With that kind of baggage, he's gonna get a lot of interest with that one 5th place finish in 6 years since HS.

LOL, that is some good Friday reading.

What a dirt ball.

Reactions: LindenCy and jmb

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Basically, Downey leaving ISU for UI is roughly equivalent to us giving you gonorrhea.

I just wonder how long the clock ticks until @PD2 shows up on BHGP, HR, HN, etc.
popcorn_yes.gif

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

This whole thing is so freaking hilarious. My Hawk family is downright mortified right now and I'm not letting them forget it. I think Brands' think they can "fix" him. LOL...not happening. Very low odds he ever takes the mat for Iowa, IMHO.

As for your worst NCAA finish. Well...maybe. Not sure how points exactly work out but with Sorensen, Kemerer, Marinelli, Young, Wilcke and Stoll they would score a decent amount. That's part of what I don't get about bringing in PD--he's not going to win them a team title.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
A couple of days later and this is still the funniest thing. Even though it'll probably work out and Iowa will get an AA out of it the fact that they are desperate enough to do this is hilarious.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
dream scenario: Downey loses early at NCAA's - decides to "injury default" out of the rest of the tourney since he won't win his "deserved title"..

Iowa barely gets any points out of him..Iowa finishes somewhere between 6-10..Tom gets fired

Seriously, I can't believe TnT are taking this fool in their program. I may not cheer harder for someone to get best this year than Pat.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I don't think his scholarship amount changes the risk Brands is taking here. It'll probably work out since he only has to avoid trouble for 2 1/2 months, but he's risking both the publicity of Downey crashing out publicly but also the risk from Downey being a locker room cancer.
He has to actually attend practice to be a locker room cancer!;)

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Regardless of him walking on, think this clearly shows that they want to win at all costs. I think Downey has some serious talent but not sure I would risk that cancer in my locker room.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Now it all makes sense when you put it that way.

I think Brands is going to regret bringing Downey in. Even if Downey doesn't do anything stupid, it has exposed the utter pragmatism of Brands.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron