Passing game — Fiesta Bowl

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
Was there 1 attempted vertical throw today? 12 yard out to Kolar for a key 1st comes to mind. But was there anything over middle or deep. I can’t think of 1 ! Figured Purdy would light it up today. Is Oregon that quick we were scared of throwing downfield?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Biggest need for next year imo. Would love to get a big time receiver transfer

Reactions: Peter

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Iowa State has finally morphed into the Bill Snyder Wildcats, but with bowl game wins.

By putting a stake into the heart and finally killing Dracula to finish the 2018 season, Matt Campbell absorbed Snyder's powers and added them to his attributes. Now the transformation is complete!

Dark days are on the horizon for the Big 12,

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This seemed to be by design. They definitely got conservative in the second half, and the coaches seemed fine with that. I can't argue with results. If they'd wanted to go deep, they would have.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Seemed to me Oregon was selling out in second half and putting quick pressure on Purdy. So short routes were only passing option.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan94

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
Did I miss something. Was Oregon known to have stud corners and safeties. My hope is we get some speed thru the xfer portal. Purdy will need some speed on the outside to beat OU and Texas in 2021.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Did I miss something. Was Oregon known to have stud corners and safeties. My hope is we get some speed thru the xfer portal. Purdy will need some speed on the outside to beat OU and Texas in 2021.
My hope is that a couple of the young guys develop.

Maybe no one noticed on the TV broadcast (I had it muted with Walters, Heft and Bruns on), but Derek Schweiger was playing RT a good part of the game.

There’s a reason we weren’t trying to pass more. The RT spot wasn’t healthy.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
IMO, the play calling changed after the first half of FUBU. And they removed (or greatly reduced) the liability Purdy is with the deep ball, and started using a different passing attack.

Reactions: hoosman

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I do think this is an area of opportunity for the future when in big games, but today didn’t require it. Xavier Hutchinson is an elite wide receiver his ability to get an additional 3 yds to move the chains is one of the most unheralded aspects of this team.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
The play to Hutchinson. Was a nice throw by Purdy.

Campbell didn’t exactly want an aggressive style of offense today. Campbell made it clear he had two major objectives: control the clock and win the turnover battle.

We dominated with both.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
We DO seem to be missing the vertical threat though. Either young speedsters develop, Tarique gets his mojo / health back and/or we get someone on the transfer market.

Will we have available scholarships for transfers? With guys like Allen coming back, I'm not sure what the dynamic will be. Loving-Black is officially in the transfer portal, so that's one scholly to use.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron