Parking question

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I went to the commuter lot and took cyride to campus. I had an extended stay on campus and the orange route no longer went to the commuter lot. Does anybody know if they tow vehicles away from the commuter lot overnight? I walked back to my apartment but im not too thrilled about the prospect of walking back to the lot to get my car through the night.

thanks

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I'd imagine if you leave it there for a week, they might eventually tow you. Otherwise I don't think they really care. I think the we tow thing is designed to prevent people from using that parking lot as a storage facility/long term parking.

Also don't forget that blue route runs down 4th street right by the commuter lot and red runs just N. of Hilton if you need to get to your car after orange stops running.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
It might also depend on whether there's anything going at the State Center that night and exactly where you are parked. If there's something happening at Stephens or Hilton and you're parked close to either building, you could be in trouble. But if you're parked on the south side of the lots, you might be OK.

That's just a guess though--I don't know anything.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I thought about the vicinity to buildings thing, but it would be free parking regardless of what event could have been going on. Thanks for the info on bus routes. I will keep that in mind in the future.