Parker Stewart commits to Pitt

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Interesting. Was under the impression that Georgetown was the favorite. Now chooses Pitt, and doesn't give us a chance. Oh well. Next man up..... oh, wait......will there be a 'next recruit' this summer?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am a Prohm homer and even I will admit this spring has been a...

giphy.gif

Eh. Maybe that is too much. I just think that GIF is funny.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Interesting. Was under the impression that Georgetown was the favorite. Now chooses Pitt, and doesn't give us a chance. Oh well. Next man up..... oh, wait......will there be a 'next recruit' this summer?

Sure, whether they fit the "take" criteria or not will be getting slimmer.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
9 scholarship players it is next year.

-Three freshman

-Two guys (Brase, Long) coming off surgeries with 1 of them yet to contribute at this level. (I think he can though. Jakolby)

-One guy trying to make the jump from the C-USA to the Big 12

-Three guys returning who averaged less than 7 points per game.

Now, I think a lot of guys mentioned above will be good and I'm excited about them, but next year will be interesting..

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

-Three freshman

-Two guys (Brase, Long) coming off surgeries with 1 of them yet to contribute at this level. (I think he can though. Jakolby)

Now, I think a lot of guys mentioned above will be good and I'm excited about them, but next year will be interesting..
Might be a rough one, but you hit it on the head. It'll be interesting...

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

-Three freshman

It could easily be a rebuilding year. We haven't had one for a while, but some of us remember when every year was a rebuilding year. So I'm not going to get worked about this one.

After next year, we only lose one known quality (Beverly and the other kid aren't known to us) in Jackson. We are gaining the Virginia kid and Jacobson. I suspect that we will sign some other kids.

• Agree
Reactions: neiacy and aauummm

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I am not happy about a rebuilding year. What can I say, I'm spoiled and I love Cyclone BB. The fact is we didn't recruit well enough this spring to reload. Basketball is the sport where you can reload, and it looks like we didn't. I'm still 100% behind CSP and I think he is a heck of a coach, but this spring was bad. Hopefully it will be fun to watch a young team develop, but it will also suck to have to wait another 20 months to make the NCAAs again.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone1995

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I am not happy about a rebuilding year. What can I say, I'm spoiled and I love Cyclone BB. The fact is we didn't recruit well enough this spring to reload. Basketball is the sport where you can reload, and it looks like we didn't. I'm still 100% behind CSP and I think he is a heck of a coach, but this spring was bad. Hopefully it will be fun to watch a young team develop, but it will also suck to have to wait another 20 months to make the NCAAs again.

The fact is, we had to pay the piper eventually for Fred's recruiting strategy the last few years he was here. This was coming eventually. It was unavoidable.

Look... we had what 6 or 8 scholarships to fill right? Half the roster basically. As a coach with 6 spots to fill, you are put in a real dilemma.

We just have not come to terms with this yet.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Well this all but seals the deal on the 17 recruiting class. 9 scholarship players, while it doesn't sound like much, is actually 1 more still than historically will see the court in a big 12 game.

Not sure what the deal is with this staff and recruiting. I'm not panicking yet but I've moved past the "they're fine" mode. Moving into the prohm needs to bring in a recruiting wizard that can close the deal. A TJ type.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Very few schools go to 6 straight NCAA tournaments and even fewer manage to do it while having 2 coaches. We are in a small, small group of mostly elite schools. Almost every school must rebuild occasionally.

The current streak:

School Consecutive Appearances Conference
Kansas 28 Big 12
Duke 22 ACC
Michigan State 20 Big Ten
Gonzaga 19 WCC
Wisconsin 19 Big Ten
VCU 7 A-10
Cincinnati 7 The American
North Carolina 7 ACC
Iowa State 6 Big 12
Wichita State 6 MVC[a]

That's 3 or 4 mid-majors and some of the best programs in college basketball. So it would appear that it is NOT as easy to reload as you seem to think.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Well this all but seals the deal on the 17 recruiting class. 9 scholarship players, while it doesn't sound like much, is actually 1 more still than historically will see the court in a big 12 game.

Not sure what the deal is with this staff and recruiting. I'm not panicking yet but I've moved past the "they're fine" mode. Moving into the prohm needs to bring in a recruiting wizard that can close the deal. A TJ type.

I'm still in a "they're fine" mode. I wish we could have hit on some of the spring guys for sure, don't get me wrong, but it's still not the end of the world.

We were in a screwed up scholarship situation. Seriously screwed up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron