P'Allen Stinnett Update

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Dana left town for the hog calling job.
P'Allen says he is back on the market. Kenton Walker may be close behind per sources.. The two other recruit guards, one from a Texas CC, may also never show in Omaha. The coaching changes really do set the recruiting game back at the various schools.

Dana left the day after reserved tickets sales closed. Shame on Dana for fooling the 15000 season ticket holders who just renewed. Last Thursday he told his players he was staying in Creighton. Must have been the Iowa job hunters who were talking to him at that time.

Will Arkansas now play an MVC team?

Frank Broyles is now off to watch the Masters, his work done. Bruce Rasmussen will stay as Creighton AD. The assistants to Dana will move. Ken McKenna, ex top asistant, will honor his Indiana State head coach job even though he has not signed the contract yet.

Life moves on.

Last edited:

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
And the saga continues for P'Allen. At this point he could stick a lit firecracker up his *** and I wouldn't blink.

Black Cat or M80?

In either case I wouldn't blink either, but if I was standing next to him I would definitely move away...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I heard Rasmussen is going to Arkansas to be their next AD.

Supposedly Rasmussen told remaining players at 2:30 today he would not follow Dana as Dir of Basketball Operations and then AD after Broyles retires at end of year. He may stay long enough to do coach search and then change his mind.

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
Lol, good stuff. Where do you think he will end up? Idaho? I really, really hope GMAC has NO contact with this guy.

I'd say either Idaho or Gonzaga. I don't have any info on that other than those were the two schools that were showing him the most interest before he committed to Creighton. It's possible they don't have a scholarship open any longer.

As far as GMac, I think he'd agree with you.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
I was looking at some older info on Stinett. At the time of his Creighton verbal, he had listed ISU, Oregon, Idaho, & Seton Hall as his other schools.

Idaho might make more sense. Besides signing McFarland, Idaho has a spring verbal from Michael Loyd, a 6-1 pg from Stinett's former high school Palo Verde in Las Vegas

Last edited:

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
I'd say leave P'Allen alone but let's reconnect with Walker. Sounds exactly like the type of player we could use.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
If he wants to come to ISU, let the boy walk-on. He had his chance at the scholarship.

TWICE!! :yes4lo:

Truthfully, I don't want the guy even as a walk-on. Way too much baggage!! And unfortunately for him, his baggage isn't big enough to hold his ego!!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We could use Walker. P'Allen would have been nice but we have already recruited his position so I don't think we would have room for him. Walker could take the "Point guard who is leaving" Scholly. If that actually happens.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I would hope you wouldn't blink. Is your face near his ***?

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
stinett is a bad apple. he has to many attitude problems. as much as i would like kenton walker, i think cem dinc would be better at 6'10 250 rather than 6'8 215.i hear cem has three years of eligibility as well

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You know how we have at least one known player transferring out after this season? More could be on the way, could throw a wrench in our '07/'08 hoops team.

Bringing in a guy that had such a problem deciding on a team, IMO - would be a transfer out waiting to happen. Plus, seems he's not the kind of kid G-Mac wants on his team.

Walker on the other hand - it wouldn't suck seeing him in a Cyclone uniform....

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If P'Allen commits to anyone. I would get nervous really quick about my coach getting ready to take a job somewhere else.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Maybe GMac would be good for P'Allen. Many people here were falling over themselves about this kid a few months ago and since he didn't commit to us...he is now not even worth our time?

If GMac was recruiting him earlier, he must think P'Allen fits into the ISU system of basketball otherwise, why bother?

And what kind of name is P'Allen anyway?

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I believe most peoples concerns are now character based, not talent based. I have reservations about giving a scholarship to a kid who was expelled.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I believe most peoples concerns are now character based, not talent based. I have reservations about giving a scholarship to a kid who was expelled.

Fair enough. What if he had verbeled with us...then gets expelled? Do we revoke his offer then?