NFL: Pacman Jones in the news again

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I would never recognize 99% of the pro sports people walking thru an airport, let alone want to pick a fight with them. Dumb ass deserves to be fired if the video is accurate.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Talking **** for seemingly no reason AND got knocked the **** out, that's going to be embarrassing when he regains consciousness. Is this the first time Pacman isn't the bad guy in a story?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Of all the guys in the NFL to challenge to a fight, Pacman Jones would be at the bottom of the list with James Harrison and Vontaze Burfict

Reactions: CycloneVet

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm assuming he's turned his life around. I hope so anyway.
He was arrrested in '21 for assault. He's tried to have people killed, multiple weapons/drug charges, several assaults....the exact type of person who shouldn't be allowed to have these kids. Especially kids with the background Henry's have.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He was arrrested in '21 for assault. He's tried to have people killed, multiple weapons/drug charges, several assaults....the exact type of person who shouldn't be allowed to have these kids. Especially kids with the background Henry's have.
Ugh that's not good.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
While I agree that Pacman is not exactly the role model you'd want, I dont agree with the thought that Chris Henry's background says anything about his kids. Chris Henry's issues are not his children's.

And while he has a long record of awful behavior, Pacman at a minimum has the financial means to help raise these kids in an environment that may not have been otherwise possible. And while it doesnt excuse his behavior, his record in the last ~10 years is much more clean that his run in the mid-2000's.

Reactions: heitclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
While I agree that Pacman is not exactly the role model you'd want, I dont agree with the thought that Chris Henry's background says anything about his kids. Chris Henry's issues are not his children's.

And while he has a long record of awful behavior, Pacman at a minimum has the financial means to help raise these kids in an environment that may not have been otherwise possible. And while it doesnt excuse his behavior, his record in the last ~10 years is much more clean that his run in the mid-2000's.
Not exactly the role model you want?

He’s a piece of ****. The fact that Jones can adopt a kid means that the entire adoption process needs to be blown up and redone from scratch. I’m sure the list of people willing to adopt teens is pretty small, but this is a joke.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Not exactly the role model you want?

He’s a piece of ****. The fact that Jones can adopt a kid means that the entire adoption process needs to be blown up and redone from scratch. I’m sure the list of people willing to adopt teens is pretty small, but this is a joke.
I think your black and while viewpoint on it is a joke. Jones was literally their father's best friend. When their dad died he decided to be a father figure for them and try and do right by them. Can you consider also that this is probably something the boys WANTED for their lives after their dad died? Call him a piece of **** all you want. His history of bad things is well documented and not disputed. That also doesn't mean he's not capable of doing a good thing and it also doesnt mean that Chris Henry's sons will end up like him or like their father.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think your black and while viewpoint on it is a joke. Jones was literally their father's best friend. When their dad died he decided to be a father figure for them and try and do right by them. Can you consider also that this is probably something the boys WANTED for their lives after their dad died? Call him a piece of **** all you want. His history of bad things is well documented and not disputed. That also doesn't mean he's not capable of doing a good thing and it also doesnt mean that Chris Henry's sons will end up like him or like their father.
Of course it doesn't mean the kids will end up like Jones, but about the best thing you could do to create a woman-beating criminal is to put him in the custody of a woman-beating criminal. Unless you think the whole concept of "breaking the cycle" is complete fiction.

And I'm sure a teen boy would like to be in the custody of someone he knows and a friend of his father. But the job of the government and you know, actual adults, is to do what is best for kids despite what they want or are comfortable with.

Every bad person is capable of and does good things. Every one. Doing something for your best friend doesn't change the fact that he's a bad person that even when faced with ruining his career he couldn't stop being a pile of ****.

Sorry, I read a story about this and all the quotes from Jones were a joke. Basically, he's stayed in touch with them, and a few years ago it was pretty clear the two boys were freak athletes it was time to step in and help them reach the NFL.

But I guess he hasn't been arrested for assault for the last, what 14 months, so he's on a good streak.

Sorry, it disturbs me that somehow we've turned this into a heartwarming story instead of "Man with lengthy record of assault and beating women inexplicably granted adoption of impressionable young boys."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron