bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
NBA has a history of giving large contracts to large busts. Where are the insightful scouting reports on those? There is a place for players that are good at bball regardless of what the ever so smart evaluations say.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Terrible deal for Georges. Freak accident where a guy rolls into his knee, and it likely cost him 1.3 million. That's professional sports right there for you.

He's a classic Euro type player and could rake in the bank over there, but selfishly I want him to work for Prohm so he can take over his job someday down the road. One can always dream, right?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Honestly don't know that the Pacers could have handled him a whole lot worse. He needed reps and they never gave him any. I think the part that irritates me is their roster was full of people that weren't really any better.

Best case scenario he's a bottom of the rotation guy for them. They aren't going to invest a ton of mins to develop that. He made a lot of money last year, the Pacers could have easily not signed him to an NBA deal and pushed him to the d league like the Celtics did with Nader

• Disagree
Reactions: jkclone

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Change of management likely led to this happening. Interesting if Fred tries to sign him as a 2 way contract.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I have been a Pacers fan since I moved to Indiana in 1991. I attend games every year and I watch many of the games on FSM. During the Reggie Miller years, the Pacers were a model organization and seemed to always make great personnel moves. There was passion and respect for the game. Since then, they have proven time and time again that they have no idea what they are doing. In my opinion, they are terrible at player development and terrible at developing team chemistry. In this case, Nate McMillan gave Georges no opportunity help a team that consistently struggled to create offense in the half court. Bird valued Georges skill and IQ when he drafted him, but Nate McMillan showed no appreciation for his skill set. This kind of disconnect has been going on with the Pacers for several years now.

When Georges played with the Mad Ants, they used his play making ability. Even though he appeared rusty at times due to the lack of playing it was still obvious he was one of the best if not the best player on the court each game. Georges is not the type of player that will wow you in a workout or in a practice, but if he is give the opportunity to play, even if it is the G league, he will show his worth. Hopefully this benefits Georges and he finds a better situation.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Honestly don't know that the Pacers could have handled him a whole lot worse. He needed reps and they never gave him any. I think the part that irritates me is their roster was full of people that weren't really any better.

While I agree, the Pacers last year were a team competing for a playoff spot. Can't just give a guy at the end of the bench reps just to see what might/might not happen.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I have been a Pacers fan since I moved to Indiana in 1991. I attend games every year and I watch many of the games on FSM. During the Reggie Miller years, the Pacers were a model organization and seemed to always make great personnel moves. There was passion and respect for the game. Since then, they have proven time and time again that they have no idea what they are doing. In my opinion, they are terrible at player development and terrible at developing team chemistry. In this case, Nate McMillan gave Georges no opportunity help a team that consistently struggled to create offense in the half court. Bird valued Georges skill and IQ when he drafted him, but Nate McMillan showed no appreciation for his skill set. This kind of disconnect has been going on with the Pacers for several years now.

When Georges played with the Mad Ants, they used his play making ability. Even though he appeared rusty at times due to the lack of playing it was still obvious he was one of the best if not the best player on the court each game. Georges is not the type of player that will wow you in a workout or in a practice, but if he is give the opportunity to play, even if it is the G league, he will show his worth. Hopefully this benefits Georges and he finds a better situation.
Ha ha - I've been a Pacers fan for a long time too. Larry Bird was a disaster as a GM.
There used to be "passion and respect" for the game in Indy initially because of Larry Brown.
Frank Vogel also had "passion and respect" for the game. Won 47 games year before last with a pathetic roster that Bird gave him. Then Bird fired Vogel to hire...McMillian.
It was Bird who had no idea what he was doing. It's a blessing for Pacers fans that he is not calling the shots anymore.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Ha ha - I've been a Pacers fan for a long time too. Larry Bird was a disaster as a GM.
There used to be "passion and respect" for the game in Indy initially because of Larry Brown.
Frank Vogel also had "passion and respect" for the game. Won 47 games year before last with a pathetic roster that Bird gave him. Then Bird fired Vogel to hire...McMillian.
It was Bird who had no idea what he was doing. It's a blessing for Pacers fans that he is not calling the shots anymore.

Not sure the new guys are any better than Bird. The organization just doesn't seem to have a plan.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We need to get George's back as an assistant or grad assistant at some point. I think him and Naz are going to be outstanding coaches someday.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Glad I got to Indy for a game last year and saw him get some garbage time minutes. Hope he lands somewhere or makes bank in euro leagues.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
"Defense" and "Crash the Glass" still exist in the NBA? Funny, every game Ive watched 4 guys stand in place while one guy penetrates. I guess its tough to play to defense on a guy not moving.