Pac 12 to split with Larry Scott

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I’m surprised it took this long to get posted. Very interesting hire. Zero college athletics experience.

Seems really solid on media contracts/rights etc.. Maybe let him make the money and the presidents/AD's do the athletics part? I have no idea, I'm pretty sure he won't be any worse than their last one. He was smoke and mirrors and rode that conference into the ground IMO.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I’m surprised it took this long to get posted. Very interesting hire. Zero college athletics experience.
Very interesting hire indeed. Seems well connected and knowledgeable in media and marketing. Perhaps he is exactly what the PAC needs.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The newest article pushing the Pac 12 to poach Big 12 teams now that they have a new leader. There's so much to disagree with in this article, I don't even know where to start. Situation might be different in the next year or two, though. But something to chew on (and roll your eyes at).

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

This will end in spectacular destruction. I get why you would lean away from the norm, but typically these kinds of hires at companies with "leadership skills" but don't understand the business almost always ends poorly.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
This will end in spectacular destruction. I get why you would lean away from the norm, but typically these kinds of hires at companies with "leadership skills" but don't understand the business almost always ends poorly.
On the other hand, delegating and trusting the people who've been essentially running the conference underneath him might still make this equation work.

ISU4NH

Aug 9, 2020
I fail to see the advantages for a conference to have teams in 3 time zones. I'm honestly asking this question. In my view, 2 time zones are tough enough to handle.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I fail to see the advantages for a conference to have teams in 3 time zones. I'm honestly asking this question. In my view, 2 time zones are tough enough to handle.
I generally agree with that, but moving to the central might get the PAC more exposure earlier in the day. Makes awkward scheduling though.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
The newest article pushing the Pac 12 to poach Big 12 teams now that they have a new leader. There's so much to disagree with in this article, I don't even know where to start. Situation might be different in the next year or two, though. But something to chew on (and roll your eyes at).

Yeah, Pete Fiutak is clueless with his take on potential P12 expansion. With the future of PACN essentially DOA as a conference owned entity. the Pac 12 would be better served by going back to 10 schools. While that likely won't happen and with Larry Scott out of the picture, the odds have increased of Amazon buying PACN production assets for their new TNF NFL deal and also using those assets to facilitate a P12/B12 Alliance or Merger to enhance their entry in CFB production as part of the new TV deals that will negotiated over the next 18-24 months for both conferences.