Over 40,000 season tickets sold

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I am sure the CPR haters and DMAC lovers are wishing for such a thing to happen. Hating on CPR is not showing loyalty to DMAC. DMAC resigned out of his love for ISU. He knew that he had to go. I loved DMAC and all that he did. And at the same time respect him immensely for taking one for the team.

Your negative vibe is consistent. I bet you are real joy to sit by at Cyclone games. Do you cheer for the Cyclones or wish for failure for them?

Who brought up DMac?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Who brought up DMac?

You have many posts in other threads that have revealed your attitude towards CPR and also your attitude concerning DMAC.

So are you cheering for the Cyclones or do you secretly wish for failure?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
You must read with very, very special glasses.
Apparently, I wish openly for failure, which is news to me. Thanks for shining that light.

Your posts and clonedude's posts in other threads certainly were not positive or supportive. Rather, they were negative, with a not so favorable view of CPR.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If you really read them, I have a negative view of losing along with plenty of appreciation for the good things CPR has done here.

Fair enough. CPR has done a lot of good things, with some very big wins. Looking forward to more.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Sooooooo, pretty neat that we sold over 40,000 season tickets for a third straight year. Plus the SEZ is getting done. Oh, and we have one of the best staffs in a LONG time, dare I say the best from top to bottom.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wouldn't read too much into a loss of a few thousand season tickets at this point. ISU sold a few more as the season progressed last year as I recall. Someone mentioned they thought that recent grads with new jobs should have made up for any losses due to disappointment with last season. Really all you should count on new jobs covering would be those aging fans who have to give up their tickets due to changing circumstances. Not everyone who ends up giving up their tickets does so because of the previous season's performance.

Strong ticket sales is once again good news!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good reminder to always smile when you're annoyed with the crowd or parking or even traffic.....it means people care about ISU football and the stadium will be full.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
JP said in the interview with Murph and Andy that we are still seeing strong residual season ticket sales due from his decision to only sell season tickets that year we played Iowa. Remember all the negative press he took for that decision but we sold an extra 8k season tickets that year and have not fallen back since.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
JP said in the interview with Murph and Andy that we are still seeing strong residual season ticket sales due from his decision to only sell season tickets that year we played Iowa. Remember all the negative press he took for that decision but we sold an extra 8k season tickets that year and have not fallen back since.

I still think that was a great call. At the time, that game was the biggest leverage we had. Clearly, it didn't really bother people that much, and it got tickets sold. Still a great move.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

It was a great idea. You saw a ton of Cyclone fans only buy tickets for that game and nothing else. Along with Hawkeye fans. This encourages them to attend the rest of the games also, and the Hawk fans to sell the rest of them.

Made sense to do it back then and still makes sense today.

Help Support Us

Become a patron