Over 40,000 season tickets sold

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
I know this is gonna sound bad but I like the 11 game for us. It allows me to watch the later good games during the day. I can get ISU's game out of the way in the morning because I feel obligated to watch it and then after our game, real football starts.
I think y'all have been in Texas too long.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I know this is gonna sound bad but I like the 11 game for us. It allows me to watch the later good games during the day. I can get ISU's game out of the way in the morning because I feel obligated to watch it and then after our game, real football starts.

Wow dude, seriously?

I don't like the 11am games, but that's strictly for selfish reasons because that's 6am where I live.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

WARNING: This was posted by DFWClone, not DFWCyclone who is one of our best fans and the one who does so much for us in Texas.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
What makes you think he is a fan?

I have no clue what he means by real football (maybe a soccer fan?), but he has a point though- if you kick-off at 11:00, you are mostly going against Big 10 games.
Just wanted to throw out that he isn't one of us soccer fans, most of those games are in the morning.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Go back to hawkeyenation. You aren't a cyclone fan.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
2K less hillside seats was probably most of that. At the same time, with a bounceback year (and the extra capacity in the SEZ) , sales should bounce back next year as it is.

All the bulldozed down 2-3k hillside season tickets would have sold to the Bison fans per Lakes.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I think you have to be pleased with over 40k after a 3 win season but with that said it bums me out that almost 3k people decided to drop their season tickets because of a bad year. I mean, the amount of alums and new fans starting jobs with extra income should have covered the few band-wagoners that jumped ship right? I guess not...

CPR has had 1 season over .500, it's not one bad season. ISU fans are absolutely awesome, maybe too good at some points. I sure hope ISU gets to a great spot in football where bowl games are expected every year and a 10 win season comes sometimes. (I think 2015 we will compete for the Big 12.) Things would be absolutely great in Central Iowa when this happens.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
CPR has had 1 season over .500, it's not one bad season. ISU fans are absolutely awesome, maybe too good at some points. I sure hope ISU gets to a great spot in football where bowl games are expected every year and a 10 win season comes sometimes. (I think 2015 we will compete for the Big 12.) Things would be absolutely great in Central Iowa when this happens.

Rhoads has had one bad season by Iowa State standards. We are not anywhere near the place where a bowl season is a bad season for Iowa State. It's just not.

Iowa State has won 9 games once, 8 games a couple of times, 7 games a couple of times and that's it. So 6 wins and a bowl game is a good season for Iowa State. If you can't accept that, then you need to rethink it.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Rhoads has had one bad season by Iowa State standards. We are not anywhere near the place where a bowl season is a bad season for Iowa State. It's just not.

Iowa State has won 9 games once, 8 games a couple of times, 7 games a couple of times and that's it. So 6 wins and a bowl game is a good season for Iowa State. If you can't accept that, then you need to rethink it.

The issue here is that by now CPR was supposed to change this thinking.

I don't think it is impressive that season ticket sales are down 5%.

That said, fans have been stepping up huge over the years. The increase since JP took over is outstanding. Need to keep pushing ahead as a program.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
Slim pickins left for season tickets. I just can't justify buying season tickets without having a full-time job, even if it's in section 2.

Don't feel guilty. You are still a great fan and I hope you land a knockout job.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
The issue here is that by now CPR was supposed to change this thinking.

I don't think it is impressive that season ticket sales are down 5%.

That said, fans have been stepping up huge over the years. The increase since JP took over is outstanding. Need to keep pushing ahead as a program.

IMO, it is impressive. And we will sell some more season tickets this year. This is the second largest total of season tickets sold and the 3rd consecutive year of over 40,000 season tickets.

It is always going to be a challenge at Iowa State. But we are getting better. I predict that 2015 will be a breakout year both in record and attendance.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
IMO, it is impressive. And we will sell some more season tickets this year. This is the second largest total of season tickets sold and the 3rd consecutive year of over 40,000 season tickets.

It is always going to be a challenge at Iowa State. But we are getting better. I predict that 2015 will be a breakout year both in record and attendance.

I agree with both but a newish stadium will certainly help with 61k capacity.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

This is part of why I really liked the Thursday night games that we had in recent years to start the season. We could really focus in on that night game as fans, with nothing else to think about.

I see you're getting flamed for this post, but hey, I'm a college football fan in general just as much as I'm a die hard Iowa State fan. The first weekend of college football I get nothing done. I camp out in front of the TV and watch games non-stop, and it doesn't matter who's playing. It's the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year. I stay at home as long as possible before leaving for JTS, and then I rush back home and catch back up with DVR recordings I've set of other games that intrigue me and then keep on watching the west coast games up to and past midnight. Most other Saturdays are this same way. Going to 11am games sucks, but it gets me home before the prime time games start up, so at least there is a positive that comes with the early kickoffs.

When Iowa State plays crappy football, I can't wait to get home and watch other teams play good football. I've only left a couple of home games early in the 10 years I've had season tickets. Otherwise, I've sat through the drubbings and embarrassments, as much as I can stomach, all in the hopes that we'll be really good someday so I can look back and say I'm not a fairweather fan. I am not a fan of any other team. I don't actively root for other teams when I'm watching on TV.

So, the others can flame all they want. But the fact is there are some people that are huge fans of football in general, in addition to being big time Iowa State fans.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This is part of why I really liked the Thursday night games that we had in recent years to start the season. We could really focus in on that night game as fans, with nothing else to think about.

I see you're getting flamed for this post, but hey, I'm a college football fan in general just as much as I'm a die hard Iowa State fan. The first weekend of college football I get nothing done. I camp out in front of the TV and watch games non-stop, and it doesn't matter who's playing. It's the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year. I stay at home as long as possible before leaving for JTS, and then I rush back home and catch back up with DVR recordings I've set of other games that intrigue me and then keep on watching the west coast games up to and past midnight. Most other Saturdays are this same way. Going to 11am games sucks, but it gets me home before the prime time games start up, so at least there is a positive that comes with the early kickoffs.

When Iowa State plays crappy football, I can't wait to get home and watch other teams play good football. I've only left a couple of home games early in the 10 years I've had season tickets. Otherwise, I've sat through the drubbings and embarrassments, as much as I can stomach, all in the hopes that we'll be really good someday so I can look back and say I'm not a fairweather fan. I am not a fan of any other team. I don't actively root for other teams when I'm watching on TV.

So, the others can flame all they want. But the fact is there are some people that are huge fans of football in general, in addition to being big time Iowa State fans.

For us we have over a 2 hour drive one way to Ames. We generally do a bit of tailgating before the game. Night time games are tough as it generally means a long ride home late at night. Plenty of deer to dodge on the way. Thursday night games are even worse.

If I have a preference it is an afternoon kickoff on Saturdays. Otherwise 11 am Saturdays. Otherwise Nights on Saturdays......but never in November as there is generallly a 20 to 30 degree swing in temperature from afternoon highs to night time temps. Not a fan of late November night games. Combines two things I hate. Late night drive during peak deer activity. Along with cold temperatures.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron