Outback Bowl

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Aaron Torres has no intentions of watching the Outback Bowl.

Outback Bowl: Iowa vs. Florida

Has a game between a pair of eight-win teams ever felt less interesting? Heck, has a game between a pair of eight-win teams ever actually been this uninteresting?

Just to make sure I wasn’t short-changing these two teams, I decided to look up one stat that generally tells how exciting a football team is, and that’s “big plays.” I basically wanted to see if these offenses are as lifeless as I thought. The answer is an unequivocal “Yes. Yes, they are as bad as you thought.”

The Gators rank 115th nationally in plays of 10+ yards, which sounds pretty bad and even worse when you consider that they were tied with Fresno State in that category. The same Fresno State team which fired their coach midway through the season. As for Iowa, they rank 124th in that same category, trailing virtually every team in the country, including… Kansas. KANSAS! A team that won one FBS game all year.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Aaron Torres has no intentions of watching the Outback Bowl.

Outback Bowl: Iowa vs. Florida

Has a game between a pair of eight-win teams ever felt less interesting? Heck, has a game between a pair of eight-win teams ever actually been this uninteresting?

Just to make sure I wasn’t short-changing these two teams, I decided to look up one stat that generally tells how exciting a football team is, and that’s “big plays.” I basically wanted to see if these offenses are as lifeless as I thought. The answer is an unequivocal “Yes. Yes, they are as bad as you thought.”

The Gators rank 115th nationally in plays of 10+ yards, which sounds pretty bad and even worse when you consider that they were tied with Fresno State in that category. The same Fresno State team which fired their coach midway through the season. As for Iowa, they rank 124th in that same category, trailing virtually every team in the country, including… Kansas. KANSAS! A team that won one FBS game all year.
Are we supposed to care he's not watching? I know you guys will be. Obsession and all u have

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Are we supposed to care he's not watching? I know you guys will be. Obsession and all u have
Yea, I don't think so. 3 hours of pure boredom does't sound that good to me. This game will have a 10-6 type score and it won't be because of great defenses.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Let the jealousy run through you Cyclone fans.

No jealousy here...I was just thinking how funny it was a few years ago when Iowa State was also in some irrelevant bowl too...the Yankee Bowl or something.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron