Our record does not matter this year

MarkCorrigan

Sep 16, 2013
Hence why I said it was a shi*ty example. I don't think the win/loss record has anything to with it either. I think it is a young team learning how to win football games. The missed tackles on D that lead to big games has less to do with coaching than it does with players making bad plays. The blame needs passed around, but the fact remains that.....

I think we are both making the same points but taking different paths to get there.

chicagobros.gif

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
OK, thanks. I feel a lot better knowing our record doesn't matter. Thought that ended once my kids got to middle school.

But as long as Nigel Tribune is getting good reps, this 2-3 win season will be great. Knowing recruits like committing to 2-3 win teams is comforting to me. I thought most good players preferred to go to winning programs.

I believe we will become a winning program, and that is what I hope recruits believe, too.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
What do you want me to do? Call for Paul to be fired? Say Sam is a piece of ****? I see talent on the field. I see mental errors that caused the lose, not a giant deficiency in talent. That is what I see. I don't need a goddamn Johnny ****in' Football. I don't feel good about it. I hate losing. I ******* hate it. I have lost at every level of compition I have played and every sport I have played. What I see from this team is a group of players with talent, but don't know what to do with on a big time level YET.

It would be real easy to jump in with ya'll and **** and moan and ***** about. But what is the ****in' point of that. If you don't think a young team will improve then fire the whole coaching staff now and start anew.

Yeah ah you're right. The whole thing when Texas tech had 700 yards compared to our like 260? How about UNI dominating our o-line. Iowa was up 20 on us. Yes we are talented but today showed a huge discrepancy in talent. We were dominated in every faucet on offense today. A true freshman QB playing in his first game passes for 430 yards and meanwhile halfway through the 4th quarter our second year QB is 9-29 with 88 yards. I love the heart of these guys, and they play hard but there is a gap in talent and experience

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Saying lets wait for next year as an ISU football fan is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We've had experienced teams that still only manage 6 wins. We are the perennial bottom feeders of the big 12, always have been. We're more competitive now and I love the way the guys play but nothing will change next year if rhoads doesn't eliminate weak links. Messingham has got to go, a lot of this is on him. Put Richardson, wimberly, and bundrage at baylor, OU, ok state, etc. and I guarantee they'd be having video game like stats. Those guys are so talented but messingham puts them in awful situations and plays to his liking not to his personal. Example: Richardson got hammered and could barely get up and he calls a QB keeper, are you serious?!?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
OK, thanks. I feel a lot better knowing our record doesn't matter. Thought that ended once my kids got to middle school.

But as long as Nigel Tribune is getting good reps, this 2-3 win season will be great. Knowing recruits like committing to 2-3 win teams is comforting to me. I thought most good players preferred to go to winning programs.

Nope, kids like to commit to losing teams. Maybe your genius middle school kids can help you comprehend that.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Saying lets wait for next year as an ISU football fan is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We've had experienced teams that still only manage 6 wins. We are the perennial bottom feeders of the big 12, always have been. We're more competitive now and I love the way the guys play but nothing will change next year if rhoads doesn't eliminate weak links. Messingham has got to go, a lot of this is on him. Put Richardson, wimberly, and bundrage at baylor, OU, ok state, etc. and I guarantee they'd be having video game like stats. Those guys are so talented but messingham puts them in awful situations and plays to his liking not to his personal. Example: Richardson got hammered and could barely get up and he calls a QB keeper, are you serious?!?

Exactly. The talent is there, but if we do not use it properly then talent does not matter. I agree that Messingspam needs to go.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I think I will walk into my bank on Monday and tell them that it does not matter if I only make one or two mortgage payments on time this year, because all of those late payments are just helping me understand how to manage money better so that next year...next year...I will have fewer late payments.

Thanks for making me feel better about myself MarkCorrigan. Your analogy is ridiculous.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Yeah ah you're right. The whole thing when Texas tech had 700 yards compared to our like 260? How about UNI dominating our o-line. Iowa was up 20 on us. Yes we are talented but today showed a huge discrepancy in talent. We were dominated in every faucet on offense today. A true freshman QB playing in his first game passes for 430 yards and meanwhile halfway through the 4th quarter our second year QB is 9-29 with 88 yards. I love the heart of these guys, and they play hard but there is a gap in talent and experience

Yet we were a bounce or two away from winning the game. What do you want me to say? What do you want the team to do? Should we just say **** it, we cannot compete with the Big 12 and go to some small conference?

I agree the there is some poor coaching. We play the DBs 8-10 years off a receiver. We run Richardson when he is hurt. I have said these things all day, all year, and time before that. I just don't get why I should **** and moan constantly. OUr tackling sucked today, we had mental errors, our coaching was ****ed at times, but we lost by 7 to a top 20 team on the road. I looked for a silver lining and found it. If you don't want to look at it that way than fine. Not a problem with me.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Also, we cannot forget the missed INT that was caught by TT and set up a TD. Big missed opportunity.

Not just that missed int, but the many that we have had this year. Watson alone should have 3 or 4 ints. Broomy got robbed of 1. Rogers should have had the one today that you mentioned. Richardson could have a couple if he turns around on a couple of plays. It seems like the younger guys get a bit nervous in certain situations, but they do have potential and the coaches will work on things like these with them. We have 9 fumble recoveries in 5 games. That is really really good. Now we just need to improve on INTs and we could be the top team in the nation for takeaways.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Bigger concern is the oline missed a lot of assignments. How can you get better if you cannot block worth beans?

Without a good blocking OLine you cannot win football games......Our record of 1 win and 4 losses "says who we are" as a football program....

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
everyone drinking to much Kool-Aid , we will never b in top rung of the Big 12 , if it still around

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Well, we are probably the best 1-4 team in the nation. The team is clearly better than its record. The future is bright but the present is no fun.

Iowa State University: Always Better than Our Record

Iowa State University: Moral Victory Championships

Iowa State University: We're Pretty Banged Up

Iowa State University: The Best 1-4 Team in America

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Relax people. We have a disciplined team. We have a well coached team. We are young, but we do not give up. We beat Texas, we hung with the #20 team on the road, no matter how ugly it was, if Broomy hauls in that onside kick then who knows what could have happened. Nigel Tribune is getting some very valuable PT against some of the best WRs in the Big 12. That will pay off, just watch.

I was wondering if you had a list of seasons when the record didn't matter that I could reference to my friends and family to make us feel better about ourselves.

I fear that we are remembering bad seasons, bad plays, bad coaching decisions and you've deemed them not to matter, thus causing us to unnecessarily think we're a worse program than we are.

At what point prior to a season can you declare that the record doesn't matter? Can it be done during the season?