Our record does not matter this year

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Relax people. We have a disciplined team. We have a well coached team. We are young, but we do not give up. We beat Texas, we hung with the #20 team on the road, no matter how ugly it was, if Broomy hauls in that onside kick then who knows what could have happened. Nigel Tribune is getting some very valuable PT against some of the best WRs in the Big 12. That will pay off, just watch.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It will still matter, but I get what you're trying to say.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I'm at the point (and have been for many, many years now) where Ws make the season a lot more fun, but regardless, ISU is my team. No matter what the record, I'm going to pull up a chair and watch all the games I can. There's a lot to get excited for believe it or not. Next year will be much more fun.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Yeah but it sucks seeing this kind of season for some of our seniors. I don't wanna see George go out on a bad note.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
We need 3-4 more wins to end the season with momentum. Next year I think anything less than 8 wins will be a disappointment with the schedule more favorable and the experienced roster.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bigger concern is the oline missed a lot of assignments. How can you get better if you cannot block worth beans?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
4 losses all by a TD or less. That says a lot. There is talent, but not the execution yet. I hate to say this, and they are not great this year, but look at Iowa last year compared to this. Close losses and turned around and are a having a better season this year. I think we win 3 this year, and turn it around next year.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
A lot os seniors making mistakes too.

I was talking about the Oline. Did any seniors play on the Oline?

If you want to talk about seniors on D missing tackles than I will not talk to you about. I am too angry about it.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Yeahhhhhh who cares if we lose we all get participation medals

It blows chunks for us as fans. It hurts like a SOB, but I think this team is slowing building. Maybe I am an idiot and we look like **** next year and until I die. But if my experience as a Cubs fan has taught me anything, if I give up hope, then my life as a fan is dead and gone and I might as well join a bandwagon and cheer for the goddamn Cardinals.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Records always matter. That's how coaches are judged. CPR is going to have an entire class of seniors go through without having a winning season. The team will hopefully continue to improve and use it as a springboard for next year, but the record still matters.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
We should just get in a league where they don't keep score...............Tell the players it doesn't matter if we win or not. And JP while your at it.

Our Record Does Matter!

Reactions: nickcyv and CyBobby

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
The concerning thing is the real possibility next year might not be much better. Projecting wins a year from now is a crap shoot. I know a lot of people are excited about all the players coming back on offense, but will they really be much better? The defense is a real concern, lots of holes there. I do wish a couple of the guys in the secondary would spend more time doing what they are supposed to do and not worry so much about putting a big hit on a receiver.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
We should just get in a league where they don't keep score...............Tell the players it doesn't matter if we win or not. And JP while your at it.

Our Record Does Matter!

I think you are missing the point. Obviously everyone wants to win. Obviously the players, coaches, admin, and fans are upset with the losses. But this doesn't have the same feel as the past. We used to go on the road against top 25 teams and get SCHLACKED, but it hasn't happened. It sucks like hell, but something is building. Call me a fool, a bad fan, and a ***** *** moral victor, but it is getting better.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron