OU would roll the hawkeyes

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
You mean CJ Beathard, the Iowa QB who hasn't been fully healthy 2/3 of the season after a groin injury? And if you really think CJ is the only difference between last year's Iowa team and this year's "basically", then you must not have watch many of the games, or linebacker play specifically.
I have no clue as to why you are here debating anything. Your guys ran the table....doesn't matter if it was against a bunch of anorexic midgets......enjoy it. Because you start looking juvenile on this site trying to unzip your fly and do some comparing against teams you know all things being equal would snap a boot off in the Hawks butt. Because apples to apples now.................put one of your wide recievers at QB and go play Indiana and see what happens. Come on.......enjoy your season.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Do you realize where Iowa would be without Beathard? He's been the whole difference between last year's Iowa team and this years. Everything else is the same basically.

Listening to hok talking heads they've only made the slightest of small adjustments and that has led them to this 12-0 record. Forcing your starting QB out in January due to pressure from the backup QB's family doesn't really equate to a "small change" to me.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And ISU would run the table with the Iowa schedule. No question.

This isn't true.

If they didn't get the 7-8 attainable wins on the schedule this year, they don't do what Iowa has done.

There's several examples for reasons why, but that last 1:30 in Manhattan brought it all together quite nicely.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
@picksixpreviews

TEXAS (5-7) has more Top 15 wins than Alabama, Ohio State, Iowa, & UNC -- COMBINED

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You mean CJ Beathard, the Iowa QB who hasn't been fully healthy 2/3 of the season after a groin injury? And if you really think CJ is the only difference between last year's Iowa team and this year's "basically", then you must not have watch many of the games, or linebacker play specifically.

From what I've seen it's absolutely more than just the QB. No one's spectacular, including him, but everyone doing their part when it matters and capable. That's tricky to prepare for.

I thought their D was actually pretty leaky last week but NU's QB throws like/where he does so that helped.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Sounds like the teams they've beaten were/are a touch overrated.

Oklahoma is playing like a different team since they lost to Texas and Baylor just trotted a wide receiver out at QB for nearly the whole game today. Nothing to see here.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Oh good, you're back. Find that #15 quote for me, or anyone saying that Iowa was an elite program yet?

You're smarter than the average Hawk fan. Not only do you realize Iowa is not in the elite category, you picked them to lose tonight and bought your tickets to LA early. That's just too good.

Help Support Us

Become a patron