OU @ West Virginia Game Postponed to Dec 12

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Any word out of ISU on how we are doing with COVID-19 testing?

I'm assuming today's testing came back good enough or else we would have been postponed. But the 16th was the last time I've seen Pollard tweet out any test results.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For those worried about WVU getting a bye, honestly it doesn't matter. Beating Texas is the only thing that matters. Beat the Longhorns and punch the ticket to the Big 12. Lose to them, then talk WVU and having a bye because to have even a prayer of making the title game after Texas, we would need to beat WVU. Let's just end it all this week.

Truth. The front door is only latched, not locked. We just need to kick it open and then we don't need to look into sneaking in some backdoor.

Reactions: NWICY and Cycsk

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009

I'm assuming today's testing came back good enough or else we would have been postponed. But the 16th was the last time I've seen Pollard tweet out any test results.

I've been concerned about this, given Kansas States issues

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Thought it was posted a few days ago that the ranking would be based on win percentage, then any tie breakers, 7-2 better than 6-2, so we would be #1 seed. The 2nd place teams would go to the tie breakers. Could be wrong??
I may be imagining this but Blum and CW talked about this on their pod this week. Swear they said as long as the team is within a game of someone and the same number of losses, they will use the standard tiebreaker of head to head then round robin record if it's 3 or more teams. Again I could have imagined hearing that.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA

Jamie said zero for basketball and football on the coaches' show his week.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and DarkStar

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I may be imagining this but Blum and CW talked about this on their pod this week. Swear they said as long as the team is within a game of someone and the same number of losses, they will use the standard tiebreaker of head to head then round robin record if it's 3 or more teams. Again I could have imagined hearing that.

Right, a team with 1 less game would make no difference in tie breakers.

CY74

Oct 27, 2019

i was just passing along what was said in a post a few days ago. You are probably correct.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Right, a team with 1 less game would make no difference in tie breakers.
So if it's more than a one game difference wouldn't they start penalizing teams? If a team misses too many games do they miss out on the CCG?

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Seems like just the other day we were all busy adoring Lincoln Riley because he was all about the science and "taking Covid real serious"