OU Freshman star punches woman in face.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
NORMAN — Maintaining his client “has done nothing wrong,” the attorney of Joe Mixon announced via news release that the Oklahoma football player met with Norman Police Department investigators on Monday afternoon.

“As a result of these physical attacks, Joe instinctually defended himself from further harm.”

Later Monday, Finlay told Oklahoma City’s KOCO-TV that he and his client requested that charges be submitted by police against Amelia Rae Molitor as a result of the July 25 altercation.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_0acfd10d-0f09-5bc7-ad87-d9e8b25fd97b.html

Looks like he is saying the video shows he punched the girl, but she deserved it He wants to bring charges against the girl. Ballzy.

Yeah, I guess, a day later, I'm with you on this one. Too bad her parents probably aren't rich boosters.

I like Mike Leach's no tolerance policy on hitting women.

Boomer

Jun 7, 2010
Comes down to this: If the D.A files felony charges, he's done.(with good reason) if they file misdemeanor charges he'll face suspension of a few games.

I've heard multiple versions. Some sound really bad and some sound regrettably reasonable. He's been suspended from team activities until the D.A decides what to do

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The question really is how much of a beating from a woman who clearly lifts weights and is in excellent physical shape should you have to take before you fight back to defend yourself?

• Agree
Reactions: swarthmoreCY

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The question really is how much of a beating from a woman who clearly lifts weights and is in excellent physical shape should you have to take before you fight back to defend yourself?

You leave the area. If she chases you down then call the damn cops

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You leave the area. If she chases you down then call the damn cops

Realistically it can sometimes be difficult to leave the area when she is in close and you are taking haymakers. I'm not an advocate of hitting a woman; but I am also not an advocate of women hitting men, especially women who are very capable of defending themselves and being dangerous aggressors.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Realistically it can sometimes be difficult to leave the area when she is in close and you are taking haymakers. I'm not an advocate of hitting a woman; but I am also not an advocate of women hitting men, especially women who are very capable of defending themselves and being dangerous aggressors.

Still in that situation, this guy is strong enough he could grab her and make her stop at least. If she's stronger than him then he made a mistake with which woman to mess with.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Seems like a surprisingly minor charge for breaking bones in someones face.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
She was 5'7" and 130 lbs? That paints a very different picture than I got earlier. He is 7" taller and outweighs her by 80+ lbs. and broke her face in 4 places and he is surprised they pressed charges?

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Seems like a surprisingly minor charge for breaking bones in someones face.

Done for the year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11372291/joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-suspended-season

but this quote is funny to me:
"As the university has demonstrated in the past, we are committed to winning the right way," athletic director Joe Castiglione and coach Bob Stoops said in a joint statement. "As an example to others, OU sets the highest possible standards for its student-athletes, coaches and staff."

So punching a woman in the face is a no no. But pushing a woman down a flight of stairs and getting kicked off your previous team is not only okay, but will also get you a special waiver to be filed with the ncaa to allow you to play right away?

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
So punching a woman in the face is a no no. But pushing a woman down a flight of stairs and getting kicked off your previous team is not only okay, but will also get you a special waiver to be filed with the ncaa to allow you to play right away?

Maybe Stoops reached out to Tom Osborne for advice on this one.