OU (1/28) and Oklahoma St (1/30)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Don’t want to derail this, but did you watch Gable tonight? Almost majored the runner up last year. Even when you watch you can’t believe a guy that size moves so quick.

He might be the best neutral wrestler I’ve ever seen. And he’s a heavyweight. Pretty wild that he and Spencer Lee (probably the best rider of all time) are in college at the same time

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
lets talk about Parker. Why does he never push the action for bonus points? Why aren’t the coaches pushing him? He’s been doing this for several seasons. He will dominate the match. Rack up 2-3 minutes of riding time and win 5-1.

I just don’t get it.

• Agree
Reactions: OKClones

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Extra Matches:

141 - Zack Zeamer dec. Charlie Klepps, 6-2

165 - Austin Kraisser dec. Troy Mantanona, 12-6
Kraisser trailed 6-5 after 2; reversal and 4-point near fall in the 3rd, plus RT

174 - Julien Broderson WBF Elijah Joseph, 6:23

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Grades:

125- F, couldn’t finish multiple shots and gets scored on his own bad shot with 2 seconds left in the first.

133- B plus, wrestled tough on his feet and the mat.

141- B minus, he is what he is. Wins ugly, but wins. But has so much in his arsenal that he leaves you wanting more.

149- F minus, no words adequately describe how truly bad things were that happened in this match.

157- C, gave way too much respect to his opponent. One half shot the last two periods from his feet.

165- A, a match the team needed against a national qualifier and Judge turned the momentum back around.

174- A minus, would have been an A, but that flurry with five seconds left almost cost him the match.

184- A plus, worked and got the major and salted the dual away.

197- C, improved against a tough guy who hammered him in the past, but you got to shoot your shot young man early and often.

285- A, kid wrestled tough. Love a heavyweight that attacks the legs and knows how to finish

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Agree 100% with Tigerguy’s grading. Significant progress in upper weights. But losses at 125 and 149 were just awful. Some making up to do at these two weights.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Also completely agree with Tigerguy. Odds on Terakina or Degan winning Sunday very slim. I’d say 0% Terakina and 20% Degan. Terakina loss was bad, no way he losses to Prata again I would hope. Degan just brutal to watch. I’m still in shock I was expecting bonus from Degan.
Stars go to Ramazan, Judge, Devine and Coleman.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Grades:

125- F, couldn’t finish multiple shots and gets scored on his own bad shot with 2 seconds left in the first.

133- B plus, wrestled tough on his feet and the mat.

141- B minus, he is what he is. Wins ugly, but wins. But has so much in his arsenal that he leaves you wanting more.

149- F minus, no words adequately describe how truly bad things were that happened in this match.

157- C, gave way too much respect to his opponent. One half shot the last two periods from his feet.

165- A, a match the team needed against a national qualifier and Judge turned the momentum back around.

174- A minus, would have been an A, but that flurry with five seconds left almost cost him the match.

184- A plus, worked and got the major and salted the dual away.

197- C, improved against a tough guy who hammered him in the past, but you got to shoot your shot young man early and often.

285- A, kid wrestled tough. Love a heavyweight that attacks the legs and knows how to finish
I'd say the grade at 97 is low, guy nearly teched him last year. Don't believe in moral victories but I'd give him a B-.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
He's a 1 trick pony
And that pony has lost his gallop….i was excited to see a healthy Degen this year. Turns out its the same exact offense as Degen with no shoulders. Yes he can scramble with the best of them, but if you’re a good wrestler you’re not going out there to roll around. Fast powerful shots is his kryptonite with his stand straight up defense.

I was very critical of Ramazan after the NDSU dual and he made me put my foot in my mouth. Good work.

Good work Judge. Way to individually take this dual and flip it.

Love Coleman this year. Looking for big things come March. Something really clicked in the offseason and honestly it might just be his confidence.

As Tiger mentioned, love a heavy with leg attacks. His last 2 matches he has shown aggression and offense. Refreshing to see and Schuyler deserves praise.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
And that pony has lost his gallop….i was excited to see a healthy Degen this year. Turns out its the same exact offense as Degen with no shoulders. Yes he can scramble with the best of them, but if you’re a good wrestler you’re not going out there to roll around. Fast powerful shots is his kryptonite with his stand straight up defense.

I was very critical of Ramazan after the NDSU dual and he made me put my foot in my mouth. Good work.

Good work Judge. Way to individually take this dual and flip it.

Love Coleman this year. Looking for big things come March. Something really clicked in the offseason and honestly it might just be his confidence.

As Tiger mentioned, love a heavy with leg attacks. His last 2 matches he has shown aggression and offense. Refreshing to see and Schuyler deserves praise.
Schuyler is a really nice surprise this year that isn’t getting enough praise. I had low expectations for heavy because I knew next to nothing about him. He’s delivered so far and then some. He’s wrestling like a second day guy at the NCAAs and that more than what we could ask for out of him. Really nice pick up by the staff.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
He's a 1 trick pony
Yep and everyone has that trick figured out. If he wants to get to NCAA's he's going to have to switch it up...but at this point 6 years doubt it'll happen. Shoulder 100% shoulder 10% still the same thing

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Mastro that much better this year or are people just down on Kysen? Close one last year and call me crazy but I'm expecting the same tomorrow. Not predicting a W but won't be surprised if he pulls it off.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Yes. This is fans over reacting after one match by Kysen. He wrestled an awful match technically but attacked the whole match. He definitely could win today or he could get worked over by Mastro if he wrestles sloppy like Friday. I expect the whole team to wrestle one of there better matches today. If they do we will win the dual.