Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Torvick is out with his next season projections.. #200 in D1 so far (Iowa falls to #117 and UNI is #67)

Currently has Hunter averaging 10 points per game and 3.3 assists. Foster is avg: 4.5 points and 4.2 rebounds. I'd sign up right now for 10/5 from Tyrese Hunter. I'm mortgaging every family members house I can to bet the over on Foster's numbers

I'd also sign up today for Jaz to be a 9/6 player for us

Leading scorers in his model are Javon Johnson (13.5/game) and Tre Jackson(10.6/game)... LOL

Missing Blake Hinson

1617893302192.png

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Bain from the Register says Hunter to decide "soon" and that ISU has another call with him scheduled.

Seems like a tough position for our staff. I mean, as much as they want him and don't want him to think another transfer is a priority before him, waiting for a 'decision' while guards get scooped up in the portal has to cause a little anxiety. Hope he fully decides to stay with the good guys and soon, as the article hints.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Torvick is out with his next season projections.. #200 in D1 so far (Iowa falls to #117 and UNI is #67)

Currently has Hunter averaging 10 points per game and 3.3 assists. Foster is avg: 4.5 points and 4.2 rebounds. I'd sign up right now for 10/5 from Tyrese Hunter. I'm mortgaging every family members house I can to bet the over on Foster's numbers

Leading scorers in his model are Javon Johnson (13.5/game) and Tre Jackson(10.6/game)... LOL

Missing Blake Hinson

View attachment 83838
Lol, if Jackson and Johnson are our 2 best players next year we'll even be lucky to match this year's win total.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Missing Blake Hinson

View attachment 83838
If Foster is healthy, he will be in double figures.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Missing Blake Hinson

View attachment 83838

Also missing JCL.

Reactions: bozclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Missing Blake Hinson

View attachment 83838

The good news is this will set fans expectations pretty low entering the year. That is a good thing for a young team IMO.

I understand Torvak not factoring in Hinson and Foster due to their injuries but assuming they're healthy both should play 25-30 minutes and I am confident be double digit scorers.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Lol, if Jackson and Johnson are our 2 best players next year we'll even be lucky to match this year's win total.

Jackson needs to spend the summer focusing on being a better dribbler and taking a million threes from the corner. We really need a Naz Long corner shooter on the team as Hunter likes to drive and has the athleticism to get in the lane. Jaz in one corner leaves a need for the other corner

I think Javon was asked to do WAY too much the year. His 2021/22 performance is probably between his Sophomore year at Troy and this past season (low 30's on 3's and maybe 9/4 numbers)

Last edited:

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
Jackson needs to spend the summer focusing on being a better dribbler and taking a million threes from the corner. We really need a Naz Long corner shooter on the team as Hunter likes to drive and has the athleticism to get in the lane. Jaz in one corner leaves a need for the other corner

I think Javon was asked to do WAY too much the year. His 2021/22 performance is probably between his Sophomore year at Troy and this past season (low 30's on 3's and maybe 9/4 numbers)

Dude was ENABLED to do way too much (No accountability + Low BB IQ + poor shot selection). If that gets reigned in and he’s actually willing to give full effort on D then I’ll look forward to him contributing 9 and 4 as you project.

Reactions: Statefan10

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Agree about Javon doing way too much this year. I think he would benefit from an offense that has him cutting to the basket a lot or setting him up for 3s. So he's either getting buckets in the lane or from 3, none of this midrange stuff. He definitely struggles to score (and with turnovers) when he has to create his own shot.

Also, seems like he's a rhythm player and if he gets in a good rhythm could be pretty good. Although it seems like when he knocks down a couple of shots and thinks he's in a rhythm his shot selection gets very questionable very quickly.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agree about Javon doing way too much this year. I think he would benefit from an offense that has him cutting to the basket a lot or setting him up for 3s. So he's either getting buckets in the lane or from 3, none of this midrange stuff. He definitely struggles to score (and with turnovers) when he has to create his own shot.

Also, seems like he's a rhythm player and if he gets in a good rhythm could be pretty good. Although it seems like when he knocks down a couple of shots and thinks he's in a rhythm his shot selection gets very questionable very quickly.

Definitely agree with this. To me, he is a 3 or mismatch 4 with some ball skills rather than a "point forward". I think we asked him to do too much (partly for lack of other options).

• Agree
Reactions: clonehenge