Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I wanted a centralized place for commitments and known offers/targets. Separate from the master list of every human being who can dribble entering the transfer portal. Please keep this to OFFERS and Credible interest only!

As of 4/11/2021, ISU has 2 open scholarships

Committed:

Tyrese Hunter
- 6'1" PG (Racine, WI)

-

Transfers:

Gabe Kalscheur
- 6'4"Guard (2021/22 Senior) (Minnesota): Sharpshooter as a freshman, hasn't been the same shooter with the line getting moved back. STUD defender (All-Big-10)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/gabe-kalscheur-1.html

Izaiah Brockington - 6'4" SG (2021/22 Senior - Penn State): #2 guard for Penn State in the 2020/21 season, really picked up his play this last season. PRPG rating doubled this season. Good rebounder at the wing, great size for a 2 guard. Not a great 3 point shooter (28%). 84% free throw shooting may indicate he could be a better shooter. Kind of a twin too Kalscheur

Tristan Enaruna - 6'8" Wing (2021/22 Junior) (Kansas): Great athlete. game is still developing

Aljaz Kunc - 6'8" (2021/22 Junior) Wing/Stretch 4 (Washington St): Strong rebounder, good 3 point shooting, analytical darling that appeared to be underused

Caleb Grill - 6'3" Guard (2021/22 Junior) (UNLV and ISU): 34% from 3 at UNLV last year. It's grilling season!

Robert Jones - 6'10" Forward (2021/22 Junior) (Denver): Traditional big guy, plays like Conditt in his high school highlights below

-

Known OTZ interest: (Class is FULL)

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lol, you guys really pay for that kind of stuff? If I want unsubstantiated internet rumors there are plenty of places to get them for free.

Everything CW has told us will happen on the Premium Board has happened so far.

Nice to know a week ahead of time what's real and what's Internet scuttlebutt.

Most of what you've heard on here is nonsense. Nice to sort through that.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Everything CW has told us will happen on the Premium Board has happened so far.

Nice to know a week ahead of time what's real and what's Internet scuttlebutt.

Most of what you've heard on here is nonsense. Nice to sort through that.
Also more direct back and forth with CW, Blum and Stansbury is nice.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I think the point of the premium board is to avoid unsubstantiated internet rumors.

Not sure I understand this logic. Is Chris thinking that only subscribers have contacts and then will post there looking for confirmation? I'm guessing the more likely scenario is non subscribers will pick something up from Twitter then start rumor mills right here.

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
I see the tweets where players have heard from Iowa State or Iowa state has contacted/called. - Is that really an Iowa State offer or even credible interest? Or did ISU just call to judge interest of that player or even as a favor to a mutual connection?

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible. If a CF staffer wants to develop something better than this. Be my guest

Thanks for the separate thread. Can we assume that the Groves brothers are not a pkg. deal then, since we've only offered Tanner?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I see the tweets where players have heard from Iowa State or Iowa state has contacted/called. - Is that really an Iowa State offer or even credible interest? Or did ISU just call to judge interest of that player or even as a favor to a mutual connection?

This was a heavy topic during last year's transfer period. Consensus by people in the know was most tweets mentioning things like "heard from Iowa State" often means an exploratory call was made by an assistant (not an offer), and in some cases a flat out stretch-the-truth PR move to enhance a player's public perception by mentioning a P6 school on their list.

Granted offers can and do come after exploratory calls, but I guess we'll learn soon how much smoke gets put out there in recruiting by the new coaching staff.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum