Otz to UConn Never Gonna Happen

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
People need to slow down on the give Otz a massive raise talk. We are heading into rough waters financially with $20 million of our roughly $100 million budget going to the players. We just can’t spend like drunken sailors. As long as TJ is cool with his current contract we should be too as fans

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
People need to slow down on the give Otz a massive raise talk. We are heading into rough waters financially with $20 million of our roughly $100 million budget going to the players. We just can’t spend like drunken sailors. As long as TJ is cool with his current contract we should be too as fans
Narrator: none of what we say here actually matters

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I honestly don't think there is any job Otz leaves us for. As long as Jamie Pollard is here, then TJ is here for life

Unless the universities next hire as AD is made with and only with TJ's blessing.

Because you just don't know how personalities will mesh.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah....back when the fear of dropping leagues was real, the talk of "can only have one high paid coach" was discussed. This new revenue model is scary as if we have success in FB and BB, might be difficult to have good contracts for both.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Of course TJ is going to be mentioned for any job opening. It's not hard to see that he might be targeted by UConn if their top 1-2 choices don't bite.

That being said, the most important thing that would keep him here is Jamie. Jamie retires and who knows what happens. But until then, I don't really worry.

Reactions: DrShip

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Of course TJ is going to be mentioned for any job opening. It's not hard to see that he might be targeted by UConn if their top 1-2 choices don't bite.

That being said, the most important thing that would keep him here is Jamie. Jamie retires and who knows what happens. But until then, I don't really worry.
His massive buyout is also going to keep most away

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Otz to Uconn, is not just "speculation"

Its speculation that he is on a list of "potential" candidates for the job.

And from what I saw he is not even the speculators top pick.

People need to stop running with every random self proclaimed sports journalist with a keyboards wild speculations that he pulled out of his ass.

I mean I have no doubt that Otz could be on a potential list though I am sure no one at UConn has said so, and for that matter is the job actually even officially open yet?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Our budget is more roughly $115 million and rising. Jamie loves to doom and gloom publicly.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Isn't the reason Hurley would leave is because UConn is in a crappy no-football league? Without football I wonder how well some of these schools can maintain their sports budget going forward if the school has to pay players. You need a moneymaker and that's only football.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

Xerxes_

Sep 10, 2023
Isn't the reason Hurley would leave is because UConn is in a crappy no-football league? Without football I wonder how well some of these schools can maintain their sports budget going forward if the school has to pay players. You need a moneymaker and that's only football.

College basketball in general is in a very bad place. Overall lack of talent is pretty incredible. Just not high level basketball. I'm guessing that's why he would leave.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron