Otz KO'd the last unbeaten team

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I’m glad some of you aren’t the AD here. 1 bad year and suddenly CSP is killing the program. All the other great stuff he’s done is meaningless. It’s crazy.
if the 39-47 record in Big12 play isn't enough evidence for you then I don't know what else would be.

• Winner
Reactions: Scott34

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
if the 39-47 record in Big12 play isn't enough evidence for you then I don't know what else would be.
Look at everything we’ve lost the past couple of years. Yes we’ve had some bad loses with our NBA lottery pick being out. I’m not happy with where things are at but we aren’t Duke or Kentucky. When we lose a bunch of guys we don’t always just reload. If next year is like this year then ok it might be time. But I think CSP deserves at least 1 more season here.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
“other great stuff”. Clarify?

You mean won with another coaches guys? Not pull together a legit tournament team last year that went out on an L to Ohio State? Have two years of absolute trash basketball? The man can recruit, I’ll give him that. But he’s selling the fans and the atmosphere. Any coach can do that.

Top 25 road wins - most in program history? Players in professional ball? 14th recruiting class?

Losing sucks and having lost 3 top-level college/pro players in a matter of months is a beeeyatch.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Top 25 road wins - most in program history? Players in professional ball? 14th recruiting class?

Losing sucks and having lost 3 top-level college/pro players in a matter of months is a beeeyatch.

You are just a blind prohm defender.

that is not acceptable here on cyclone fanatic

• Disagree
Reactions: adjl

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
You honestly believe the program would be in worse shape after five years under T.J. then it is today. T.J. would own the Midwest if Iowa State was a Top 20 squad. He would recruit circles around Prohm.

Recruiting is not Prohm's achilles. It's coaching.
Wins like yesterday for TJ will convince a lot of people that he can easily out coach Prohm.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: BigCyFan and adjl

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Maybe a few decades ago when the Tark was sucking on towels.
It's still a better job than Iowa State. Always will be. Reality sucks sometimes. You won't find anyone outside of this fanbase who will tell you ISU is a better job than UNLV. You can recruit top notch talent to UNLV, they have history, and they have Vegas. ISU is in a better conference and it ends there.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jerms and adjl

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
UNLV? Top 20 job easy. ISU maybe top 40.
giphy.gif

jackrabbit

Dec 2, 2006
Why would you congratulate him for the eventual death of our program after hiring ANOTHER unproven non p5 level coach? Give me a break with this weaksauce.
Maury John - Drake HC (13 yrs)
Ken Trickey - Oral Roberts HC (5 yrs)
Lynn Nance - Kentucky Asst Coach (3 yrs)
Johnny Orr - Michigan HC (12 yrs)
Tim Floyd - New Orleans HC (5 yrs)
Larry Eustachy - Utah State HC (5 yrs)
Wayne Morgan - ISU Asst Coach / Syracuse Asst Coach
Greg McDermott - UNI HC (5 yrs)

The next ISU men's basketball head coach will almost for sure come from a non power 5 program and have had a successful 4+ year HC record at their previous school. A good current example would be Steve Forbes at East Tennessee State. Based on ISU's history of hiring men's basketball coaches, Otz will need two to three more seasons at UNLV.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
...... Based on ISU's history of hiring men's basketball coaches, Otz will need two to three more seasons at UNLV.

Timing would be about right. Gives the accountant a couple of years to get the buyout down a few million.