OT: What is your 'go to' line of swear words?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I am a born and bred, tried and true horse****ter. But for some reason 8 years ago I cleaned up my act a little and I say "bugger" for everything. At practice my players get a kick out of it. Old college buddies get a kick out of it. Its even better that I also have a habit now of saying I have to tinkle.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Jesus ******* ******, for ****'s sake and amateur ******* hour.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I just wanted to post this one from South Park the Movie to see what comes through.

[/FONT]****, ****, ****, ***, titties, boner, *****, muff, *****, ****, butthole, Barbra Streisand!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
In college, it was popular to rattle off the "seven words you can't say on television". I think you can say some of them on tv now...on cable channels for sure. At any rate, now that I's allll growed up, most of them are words I choose not to use.

I use hell & damn as adjectives or casual expletives...they're so innocuous now that they aren't even filtered anymore. I've been known to holler BS at a ref or two, but I try to tone it down when there are children around me.

My "go to" will probably pass all the filters: frickin' frackin' piece of crap

When I'm really mad and arguing with someone, I tend to get quieter and more polysyllabic. So if I ever start talking like a professor, DUCK!

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
One of my college roommates always used to say "You've gotta be fist f***ing me" and eventually over the 3 years I picked it up. I occasionally catch myself saying it and I get some weird looks from people around that have never heard that phrase used.

I use this a lot especially when I'm playing NBA2k and something ridiculous happens (ex. the other night I was playing against the rockets and Dwight Howard throws an alley-op off the backboard to himself). Absolutely no clue where I picked up this terminology from. Some times I play against my 10 year old brother though and have to censor myself by using terms like "Aw Fudge" "What the French Toast?!" and "God Bless America!"

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Ever since my kids have been old enough to repeat everything I say, I've really tried hard to curb my potty mouth. Using subtle replacements like fudge or shoot have worked pretty well.

My oldest has thrown out a few "Dammits" here and there but that's about it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Ever since my kids have been old enough to repeat everything I say, I've really tried hard to curb my potty mouth. Using subtle replacements like fudge or shoot have worked pretty well.

My oldest has thrown out a few "Dammits" here and there but that's about it.

Kids definitely change your speech patterns! My pastor's wife once pulled me out of a service to talk to her about my 15 month old and nearly 3 year old sons who were in her care in the nursery. She thought I should know that when she was changing son B's diaper, son A walked over and said: "You're much too big a boy to s*** your pants".

Needless to say, the next day I started looking for a new daycare for the boys!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
When my girl was four, my wife called me while I was coming home from work late. She said our daughter got in trouble at daycare, and promptly put her on the phone. My sweet little girl proceeded to say that she got in trouble for saying mother****** at school. I'm not sure what the look on my face was when I heard that drop out in my innocent little girl's mouth, but I bet I haven't looked more surprised about anything in my life.

The conversation continued after a few moments of stunned silence from me. She said she learned it from her friend, but then she proceeded to say, "But daddy, I didn't mean to say mother******. I didn't even know that mother****** was a bad word. I was just repeating it because Zoe said mother******." I remember screaming, "STOP SAYING THAT WORD!!"

There's no parenting handbook to prepare you for that phone call. :skeptical: