OT: 'IT' trailer

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I was hesitant about this remake...and still am. But it doesn't look as bad as I thought it could. I just think King books, especially 1000+ page ones like IT, The Stand, etc don't translate well to the screen because they have to cut SO MUCH from the story.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No Harry Anderson, no movie! :)

I've seen the original mini-series on the last couple of years and while it was awkwardly creepy, it really wasn't that good outside of Tim Curry nailing it.

Perhaps a silver screen version will have more time spent on the little things that make for a good horror movie.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
That looks like it could be very good. Was not a fan of the first one, but love the book. I iike that past/present division as opposed to jumping back and forth (that works better in a book).

Speaking of which- it seems as though they are setting this up for a potential sequel. This movie focuses on the their childhood showdown with Pennywise. The adult version would follow. Can anyone confirm? Wikipedia was kinda vague.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Looks like one of the kids from Stranger Things is in it...

And get ready for the creepy clown sightings to start up again.

Reactions: Scott34

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That looks like it could be very good. Was not a fan of the first one, but love the book. I iike that past/present division as opposed to jumping back and forth (that works better in a book).
I quit reading the book after 300 pages. I hated it.
Most Stephen Kings books had me hooked within the first couple of pages. This one never did. It was a struggle to read those 300 pages and I decided it just wasn't worth it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Youll float too. Youll float too. Youll float too. Youll float TOOOOOOOOOO!

That will brown some shorts for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: iacyguy

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I was hesitant about this remake...and still am. But it doesn't look as bad as I thought it could. I just think King books, especially 1000+ page ones like IT, The Stand, etc don't translate well to the screen because they have to cut SO MUCH from the story.

This is a two part movie. The first part is all about the Losers Club.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
92p9Pa1.gif

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The movie looks awesome. I wish we wouldn't have seen Pennywise in the trailer. I liked how off the bat they showed it wasn't going to be a shot for shot remake. Here's confirmation of this being a 2 part. I never heard about it from Blumhouse or any other horror news sources so I was surprised.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Step...Happening-Part-1-Has-Release-Date-126717.html
I think it is going to follow the book more closely than the made for TV movie. I'm assuming they'll probably keep out a certain scene at the end of the Losers Club part, however.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Speaking of which- it seems as though they are setting this up for a potential sequel. This movie focuses on the their childhood showdown with Pennywise. The adult version would follow. Can anyone confirm? Wikipedia was kinda vague.

My understanding is it's two parts. Part one is the 50's childhood confrontation with It, and part two is the adult confrontation with It. For those not familiar with It, the book wandered back and forth between past and present, revealing a little bit of each at a time.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I quit reading the book after 300 pages. I hated it.
Most Stephen Kings books had me hooked within the first couple of pages. This one never did. It was a struggle to read those 300 pages and I decided it just wasn't worth it.

I can't argue with personal taste, but it's easily one of my favorites. Have read it (It) 7 times or so.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
My understanding is it's two parts. Part one is the 50's childhood confrontation with It, and part two is the adult confrontation with It. For those not familiar with It, the book wandered back and forth between past and present, revealing a little bit of each at a time.

Based on the trailer, it appears they moved the childhood story ahead to the 80s; so I'd bet the adulthood sequel takes place in the present.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Help Support Us

Become a patron