OSU @ TCU

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If OSU wins, that puts them both at 6-7 in the conference. If TCU wins, then TCU will be 7-6 and still right on our heels.

And if TCU turns around and beats us, then we'd be tied at 8-6, but TCU would hold the tiebreaker.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
If OSU wins, that puts them both at 6-7 in the conference. If TCU wins, then TCU will be 7-6 and still right on our heels.

And if TCU turns around and beats us, then we'd be tied at 8-6, but TCU would hold the tiebreaker.

I guess I'm just not that worried about losing to TCU at home. Plus look at TCU's remaining games. I simply can't see them finishing any better than 9-9.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
We could very well be playing one of these teams in the second round of the Big 12 tournament. I see us playing in the 4-5 seed game and either of these teams have a good shot at the other spot.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We could very well be playing one of these teams in the second round of the Big 12 tournament. I see us playing in the 4-5 seed game and either of these teams have a good shot at the other spot.

Yeah, these 2 are the most likely, K-State still has a chance also as they have the easiest schedule left.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Have you looked at TCU and OSU's remaining schedules? Despite KSU on the slide they have by far the easiest schedule left of the three. Johnson being out hurts them though.

I'd rather play TCU as a 5 seed than the other two.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
More worried about the game vs OSU than I am of Baylor. Teams that are good offensively but don't have a defense seem to give us trouble I.e. Iowa, Vandy We never made them play defense. This team seems to have figured it out so maybe...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Okie State wins again. They're 7-1 in the their last 8 games.

I'm not sure why people wanted OSU to win tonight. OSU is white hot and can catch us especially if they happen to upset us in Hilton. Needed TCU to win this tonight to make me feel better. Oh well.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I'm not sure why people wanted OSU to win tonight. OSU is white hot and can catch us especially if they happen to upset us in Hilton. Needed TCU to win this tonight to make me feel better. Oh well.
I agree. I prefer not to play teams coming off a loss especially at this point in the season when the tournament is on the line. But man OSU is legit.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
OSU is 6-7 with the next three games being vs OU, at KSU, vs Texas Tech. They're gonna win all three of those games and be 9-7 coming into Hilton. It's crazy, but they legit have a shot to finish 4th.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I too wish that TCU wasn't coming off of a loss. They may see Saturday's game as the most winnable out of their next three contests, and play an inspired game in Hilton.

Looking ahead, OSU is red-hot, and I want to believe that our whole team will to be locked in on sending our Seniors out of Hilton as winners that day. OSU will be dialed in for that game as they will want to atone for perhaps their worst home showing of the year.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I too wish that TCU wasn't coming off of a loss. They may see Saturday's game as the most winnable out of their next three contests, and play an inspired game in Hilton.

Looking ahead, OSU is red-hot, and I want to believe that our whole team will to be locked in on sending our Seniors out of Hilton as winners that day. OSU will be dialed in for that game as they will want to atone for perhaps their worst home showing of the year.

We had a lot to do with that.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Have you looked at TCU and OSU's remaining schedules? Despite KSU on the slide they have by far the easiest schedule left of the three. Johnson being out hurts them though.

I'd rather play TCU as a 5 seed than the other two.

I'm not sure who is rather play between TCU and KSU right now; I'll let you know on Sunday. OSU is the hottest team in the league right now.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think if we turn the pressure up on TCU, and the Young/Holden combo can at least hold TCU to only a slight edge inside, we win fairly easily. Most of our inconsistency this year can be attributed to being beaten half to death on the inside, even though we consistently win the perimeter match ups. TCU is also shaky on the road compared to at home.