OSU recruiting

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
How does OSU have a McDonald's All American point guard? What does that program have to offer. Ford has to have a blistered *** because of how hot his chair is. He is a terrible coach. They play in front of an empty arena. They don't have anyone above average on their roster that a kid like that should want to play with. I just don't understand it. Recent success really hasn't been there either.

Spam

May 21, 2008
OSU fans don't get it either. I are frequently surprised at how their coach is still able to recruit.

Spam

May 21, 2008
If Pickens and other boosters cared enough about basketball, wouldn't Ford be gone already

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lebryan Nash maybe didn't underachieve but he didn't progress the way I thought he could have at osu. With some of the talent Ford has gotten there it's mind boggling.

swaledale

Jan 22, 2012
I agree that it would suck to play in front of such a poor fanbase, but what I believe is getting these recruits to Stillwater are the facilities. They have some of the nicest facilities in the entire country for all sports which is obviously a way to get those out of state, elite recruits. Here is a video from some former players you may recognize giving a tour of the facilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvkrGLIpp5c

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
Facilities are great, but I feel like playing in an electric arena should be the best selling point. That's just me however.

However I've heard how some coaches recruit and they like to fill other players with butterflies of we need you, you're the best player, you're really going to be a focal point on our team, and we have a blueprint on how to use your abilities to the best. When it comes to actual game time they have no clue what to do. (UNLV)

A lot of they recruits don't look at the past. They just listen to what the coach is telling them right there.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Location. Most of their big time recruits are from the state of Texas. Their families can drive to Oklahoma and see their home games on a regular basis. Can we offer the same to Texas recruits? They would only play in front of their family and friends 5-6 times a year.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
How did LSU get Ben Simmons? How does TCU seem to get good recruits and to nothing with them? How is Webber doing it at KSU? Why did a good recruit go to UNLV? I think the real question here is why didn't Fred get good recruits to ISU after the go the program going?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
They make a change by season end. Rich history at OSU. Remember up until a few years ago we hadn't beaten them in Stillwater since the mid 80's.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
How did LSU get Ben Simmons? How does TCU seem to get good recruits and to nothing with them? How is Webber doing it at KSU? Why did a good recruit go to UNLV? I think the real question here is why didn't Fred get good recruits to ISU after the go the program going?

LSU's assistant coach is Simmons's godfather, who knows about TCU or K State but as far as UNLV, the only advantage we have over them is playing in a p5 conference.They have better tradition, more high profile alumni and get treated like NBA guys in their town.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I think the fact that Fred is the Bulls coach answers this question pretty clearly. Recruiting is a cutthroat business and I am very sure that rival coaches were using the "Fred to the NBA" line all the time against him. As it turns out, this "line" was indeed true and, hence, why we were unable to fully capitalize (recruiting-wise) on our success.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
They make a change by season end. Rich history at OSU. Remember up until a few years ago we hadn't beaten them in Stillwater since the mid 80's.

Maybe, but they are also usually dirty.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Kansas State is actually struggling with recruiting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron