Osemele recognized on ESPN

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Again, it's not to take away from KO or to even say he didn't do a good job against AC.. but the terminology that is used sometimes.. this domination stuff.. good lord.

The truth is, though, our offensive line DID dominate in that game. Our problem that day was, with such great protection from the offensive line, Arnaud was doing a great job of finding Iowa's wide open safeties and cornerbacks, which not only killed scoring opportunities, but after about the first half dozen turnovers or so the defense was unable to continue bailing out the the offense. Look - I fully credit Iowa's defense for stepping up when opportunities to turn the game were presented to them, and I credit Iowa's offense for capitalizing on the opportunities the defense their presented to them. The bottom line though, is ISU's offensive line pwned Iowa's defensive line, and if Arnaud wasn't a turnover machine in that game last year the game would have had an entirely different outcome. We might not have won, but it would not have been a 30+ point drubbing.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
The truth is, though, our offensive line DID dominate in that game. Our problem that day was, with such great protection from the offensive line, Arnaud was doing a great job of finding Iowa's wide open safeties and cornerbacks, which not only killed scoring opportunities, but after about the first half dozen turnovers or so the defense was unable to continue bailing out the the offense. Look - I fully credit Iowa's defense for stepping up when opportunities to turn the game were presented to them, and I credit Iowa's offense for capitalizing on the opportunities the defense their presented to them. The bottom line though, is ISU's offensive line pwned Iowa's defensive line, and if Arnaud wasn't a turnover machine in that game last year the game would have had an entirely different outcome. We might not have won, but it would not have been a 30+ point drubbing.

Rarely does a team have a great run defense and still not need to rely on the linebackers to help contain, fills gaps and make tackles. I'm not taking away from the ISU oline who as you stated did a good job but the linebackers were sitting back in the passing lanes, thus the 5 picks. The dline was sent up there to battle it out 4 against 5, 6 if the TE stayed home. All I'm saying is that it isn't so clear cut simple as saying that KO owned AC, although he clearly did a good job.

On the flip side of the dline going 4 against 5, 6, 7 if the RBs helped block, Arnaud had to pass against 7 defenders routinely all game long

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Rarely does a team have a great run defense and still not need to rely on the linebackers to help contain, fills gaps and make tackles. I'm not taking away from the ISU oline who as you stated did a good job but the linebackers were sitting back in the passing lanes, thus the 5 picks. The dline was sent up there to battle it out 4 against 5, 6 if the TE stayed home. All I'm saying is that it isn't so clear cut simple as saying that KO owned AC, although he clearly did a good job.

On the flip side of the dline going 4 against 5, 6, 7 if the RBs helped block, Arnaud had to pass against 7 defenders routinely all game long

I get what your saying, but it should be considered awfully close to domination relative to what AC did the rest of the year. I really think he will be nuetralized again this year. I would dare Iow to do what they did last year this year. I bet they try it for awhile but I really don't think it will work. We are now going to be 3 deep as far as the quicker shiftier backs. We will also be in the second year of a new system with AA being tagged as the most improved player on the team. I think this game is going to be a battle. I really don't see this one being more than a one possession game.

playlikeJJ

Nov 20, 2009
The battle I remember ended up 35-3.

I am not saying that KO is not an outstanding player. He deserves his accolades. But to say he "dominates" AC?

I guess you should take it from the horse's mouth then. AC is quoted as saying he was getting handled by KO last yr.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Go away hackeye d-bag.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
KO is an outstanding player, there's no doubt about that. He's a man-beast.

I'll let him dominate AC all day long if we come out the winner when the clock ticks to 0:00.

As I'm sure you'd let him sack AA 10 times if it meant you came out the winner when the clock ticks to 0:00. Provided AA doesn't get injured...never want to see that.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
ISU's o-line did a very good job against Iowa last year. But, for whatever reason, AC was a completely different player at the end of the year. Compare his performance against UNI/ISU with what he did to PSU and GTech. If the late-season AC shows up against ISU, I think the results will be much different.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
ISU's o-line did a very good job against Iowa last year. But, for whatever reason, AC was a completely different player at the end of the year. Compare his performance against UNI/ISU with what he did to PSU and GTech. If the late-season AC shows up against ISU, I think the results will be much different.

Maybe his stalker was at the ISU-Iowa game too...

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010

Come on, they won't listen to this "typical Hawkeye" excuse :wink:

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
Apparently to think KO is a very skilled offensive player and deserving of his accolades is not enough -- he must be seen as Godly, a lookalike Chuck Norris :wideeyed::biggrin:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Could say the same thing about your defense of AC. By the way, we have a rivalry board, this is not it.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Could say the same thing about your defense of AC. By the way, we have a rivalry board, this is not it.

We are still on topic, are we not? Talking about KO? We branched off to AC when an ISU fan brought it up.. every time you want to blame an Iowa fan for going off topic, it was brought about by an ISU fan.. just saying.

Nowhere did I say AC won the battle against KO last year. I merely said he wasn't dominated, and that after ONE major game between the two, that KO already is validated as "dominating" the match up is reaching out there.

Maybe instead of sensationalizing everything (ie this conversation).. come on down to Earth. It's not so bad down here :smile:

Last edited:

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
We are still on topic, are we not? Talking about KO? We branched off to AC when an ISU fan brought it up.. every time you want to blame an Iowa fan for going off topic, it was brought about by an ISU fan.. just saying.

Nowhere did I say AC won the battle against KO last year. I merely said he wasn't dominated, and that after ONE major game between the two, that KO already is validated as "dominating" the match up.

Maybe instead of sensationalizing everything (ie this conversation).. come on down to Earth. It's not so bad down here :smile:
Why would you say he wasn't dominated?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nowhere did I say AC won the battle against KO last year. I merely said he wasn't dominated, and that after ONE major game between the two, that KO already is validated as "dominating" the match up.

But you are trying to rile people up and in the mean time looking dumb and bad at it. Listen, KO was better than AC last year and in my opinion will be this year too. He probably even knows there is another team in the state unlike AC and might show them some respect.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
But you are trying to rile people up and in the mean time looking dumb and bad at it. Listen, KO was better than AC last year and in my opinion will be this year too. He probably even knows there is another team in the state unlike AC and might show them some respect.

Not trying to rile anyone up, it just appears that some have very short sight outside of their grand opinion. You just quoted where I was stating that I didn't think AC beat KO last year, so.. thanks for the input?

edited for spelling errors

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron