Oregon State/Akron & Beavers vs. Zips Game watch/Future opponent comment thread

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Nothing is in our control either way but it would be nice to match up with Boise State. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Just keep winning.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Because while RPI will change, its far enough along to get a general idea of where teams are going to sort out RPI-wise.

Why pay attention to anything now? Shutdown anything but game chats until it is the Big 12 tournament.

Going in to the game St. Mary's was likely to have a better RPI at the end of the season than South Carolina.

Nothing is in our control either way but it would be nice to match up with Boise State. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Just keep winning.

I wasn't trying to start a fight with anyone.....I was really just wondering why we were so concerned about something that really does not apply until the end of the season. I mean Michigan looked like a good candidate when ISU beat them, but that may not turn out to be the case by season's end, although I still think they will turn it around. BYU looked good, but then they went and played a hell of a schedule and failed to win the games. Now by season's end, they may have turned it around too, but that win does not look as great as it once did, except that it was in Provo.

Guess it is good for message board discussion though.

On another note.....and in regards to other posts in this thread.......through 9 games for this year, comparing to the first 9 games of last year.........ISU's 3 point shooting is/was as follows:

3 pointers made per game 12/13 9.9 13/14 9.3
3 pointers att. per game 12/13 26.0 13/14 25.9
3 pt. shooting percentage 12/13 38.0 13/14 36.1

So, pretty much on track with last year so far. In fact, almost identical. For whatever reason, it just seems like we are not taking as many, or are not as good of a shooting team from behind the arc, but so far the numbers don't show that at all.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Well, lack of quality wins sure hasn't hurt tOSU at the moment; their best wins are disappointing Marquette and ND teams.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
On another note.....and in regards to other posts in this thread.......through 9 games for this year, comparing to the first 9 games of last year.........ISU's 3 point shooting is/was as follows:

3 pointers made per game 12/13 9.9 13/14 9.3
3 pointers att. per game 12/13 26.0 13/14 25.9
3 pt. shooting percentage 12/13 38.0 13/14 36.1

So, pretty much on track with last year so far. In fact, almost identical. For whatever reason, it just seems like we are not taking as many, or are not as good of a shooting team from behind the arc, but so far the numbers don't show that at all.
It is because you are calculating an average with averages, and the fact our poorest shooting have come against teams with any type of pulse.
ISU was 42% (76-181) on 3P's after 8 games last year and 40.6% after 9 games (85-209). Clearly better than this year's 36% (84-233). We have shot more games above 33% this year then we did through 9 games last year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron