Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Only if I am trying to impress the hostess...but she asked me to arrange it, so I don't think I need to impress her.

Look at it this way: if you do a bang-up job of arranging it, she'll ask you to do it in the future. I advise doing it just well enough that you get fed, but not good enough that she asks you to do it again in the future.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Look at it this way: if you do a bang-up job of arranging it, she'll ask you to do it in the future. I advise doing it just well enough that you get fed, but not good enough that she asks you to do it again in the future.

Honestly the worst thing would be if I did the take and bake and then ended up throwing up due to smell. Sometimes being pregnant is not fun.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

They've heard that we have done it before, but they haven't thought out what Super Bowl Sunday really entails for something like that.

If we just take a jar of pizza sauce, that probably gets her off the hook next year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Once in a while I pick up a huge pizza from Sams Club snack bar and bake it at home. They make them right there, so they are fresh.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
it's funny seeing commercials for pizza places/beers/bars advertising for "THE BIG GAME" instead of the superbowl due to the NFL and their d bag legal team enforcing that trademark

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I know there are so many other options, but I was asked to help plan for an event at someones home and they want pizza.

I'd like good suggestions for how to get around the fact that most people will be ordering pizza. Do I order it ahead, like this weekend? Get the fresh pizza and bake it there? What are your solutions and options?

I'm not sure on the types of pizza yet. At least one cheese and maybe on veggie.

I hope this isn't all you are ordering. A place I used to work used to do a pizza lunch/brainstorming meeting. The woman who ran it always talked about everyoen wanting cheese and veggie pizza. I was the only one who ever spoke up and said, "I don't care what you order, but make sure there is a meat pizza for me. Be it sausage, pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, bacon, I don't care, but meat is a must on my pizza."

Well, they would order 2 cheese pizza's, a veggie pizza and one sausage pizza. After everyone in the room grabbed two pieces, guess what pizza was gone, guess what pizzas had one or two slices taken from them. I even mentioned it when ordering, "Hey, everyone eats the sausage pizza, why don't we order 2 of those?" "Well, the cheese and veggie get eaten too." "Yeah, after the meat pizza is gone, people are still hungry, so of course cheese is next." Never did change.

Sorry for my rant, but make sure you order some meat pizza too. If you are planning on having it delivered, I would order a bit in advance. I know Super Bowl is a busy pizza day, if you call early enough you can maybe pick your delivery time.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I hope this isn't all you are ordering. A place I used to work used to do a pizza lunch/brainstorming meeting. The woman who ran it always talked about everyoen wanting cheese and veggie pizza. I was the only one who ever spoke up and said, "I don't care what you order, but make sure there is a meat pizza for me. Be it sausage, pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, bacon, I don't care, but meat is a must on my pizza."

Well, they would order 2 cheese pizza's, a veggie pizza and one sausage pizza. After everyone in the room grabbed two pieces, guess what pizza was gone, guess what pizzas had one or two slices taken from them. I even mentioned it when ordering, "Hey, everyone eats the sausage pizza, why don't we order 2 of those?" "Well, the cheese and veggie get eaten too." "Yeah, after the meat pizza is gone, people are still hungry, so of course cheese is next." Never did change.

Sorry for my rant, but make sure you order some meat pizza too. If you are planning on having it delivered, I would order a bit in advance. I know Super Bowl is a busy pizza day, if you call early enough you can maybe pick your delivery time.

Don't worry. Depending on estimate of students there will be two meat pizzas. I will at least get a veggie one. The cheese is if any children are included.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Don't worry. Depending on estimate of students there will be two meat pizzas. I will at least get a veggie one. The cheese is if any children are included.

Just making sure. I think it's one of those things that people say to feel good about themselves, "Veggie Pizza" or "only cheese, less calories." Then, when the stuff shows up, everyone remembers how good sausage really is.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I think homemade would be a good option to avoid everywhere being so busy, and could be fun if it's a gathering of international students. The only part of it that would be a pain is the dough. Making it from scratch/box can be messy and I don't like the premade dough they sell in stores.

What I've seen people do though is purchase dough from Hy-Vee if they have an Italian Express. You can buy it from them in all different sizes, so maybe those small personal pan ones would be a good idea. Might want to call ahead and see if the Hy-Vee would do this, as maybe it's just our local store in Omaha who agrees to sell them.

Last edited:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I think homemade would be a good option to avoid everywhere being so busy, and could be fun if it's a gathering of international students. The only part of it that would be a pain is the dough. Making it from scratch/box can be messy and I don't like the premade dough they sell in stores.

What I've seen people do though is purchase dough from Hy-Vee if they have an Italian Express. You can buy it from them in all different sizes, so maybe those small personal pan ones would be a good idea. Might want to call ahead and see if the Hy-Vee would do this, as maybe it's just our local store in Omaha who agrees to sell them.

Along the take 'n bake route, I prefer Hy-Vee pizzas over Papa Murphy pizzas. (Although Papa Murphy's pizzas are HUGE)

Toppings: Whenever someone asks my husband and myself what we like on our pizza, we both say, almost always in unison, "Meat." Don't hate vegetables, just don't want them on my pizza.

Help Support Us

Become a patron