Info: Opting out of the politics board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Does the ISR opt-out not work? If it doesn't, that is news to me and I'll get someone working on it.
Stanz-sorry about the late reply. :D When I am viewing the threads in "Forums/Latest" view, the In-State Rivals threads show up, even though I am opted out of ISR. When I am viewing the threads in "Forums/New Posts" view then the ISR threads do not show up.

I use the "Forums/Latest" view almost exclusively. Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 15-13-55  Latest threads .png

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It can take 30 minutes or so for it to go away.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
I refuse to get involved in that cesspool, but I hardly doubt alot of it is opinion. If it's anything like other political sites it's probably blatant misinformation designed to harm people.
Not true. Just like most places on the internet. Its a starting point and not the final arbiter of truth. The value one gets from the cave is equal to the work they're willing to do to educate themself.

I've found lots of valuable information and interesting opinions in the cave. I just don't take everything posted at face value and try very hard to not take disagreements personally, albeit not always successfully.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not true. Just like most places on the internet. Its a starting point and not the final arbiter of truth. The value one gets from the cave is equal to the work they're willing to do to educate themself.

I've found lots of valuable information and interesting opinions in the cave. I just don't take everything posted at face value and try very hard to not take disagreements personally, albeit not always successfully.

Can become difficult when a couple posters make every post they disagree with a personal attack and insult, and do some name calling also. Why I got fed up with it and haven’t been back in 6 years or so.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
You can put certain posters on ignore if you don’t want to read their posts but yeah, if you’re thin skinned and easily offended you should probably stay out of the cave. Maybe the in-state rivals section would be better for you.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Can become difficult when a couple posters make every post they disagree with a personal attack and insult, and do some name calling also. Why I got fed up with it and haven’t been back in 6 years or so.
I understand. The cave isn't for everyone.

As a HVAC engineer, I learned you can only control how air is supplied to a space. Controlling how the air returns to the system is much, much more difficult. As such, focus on the supply and not the return.

Reactions: matclone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Turning off that echo chamber makes the user experience much better. Thank you!

Best thing I ever did was turn off the political forum from my feed. I enjoy CF so much more now not getting baited into political threads that usually are full of anger and hate and lack civility if you disagree with someone. Final straw for me was a thread where several were basically celebrating that an Iowa politician got Covid. Don't care where you stand on the political spectrum but I would never be in glee that anyone on this planet had any kind of medical sickness or condition.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
politics board has some pretty good conversations....

its people on the left, middle of the road, and the same 5 or 6 posters who are on their 4th account.... just waiting to say something completely racist, homophobic, anti-semitic. get banned and do it all over again.
Exactly like I figured, 5 or 6 people spreading disinformation they read from some troll farm in Russia and are too ignorant to question its validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron