Opening Dual vs Wartburg Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
i will take a post a pic if it happens at the next dual. I’ll be there Sunday.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If what the poster said was true, it seems off. I doubt refs get to bring a posse into meets with the Covid situation. I also doubt they get to have them hang out right behind the home bench like it was mentioned, also hard to believe a ref would let his kid west any team stuff inside to avoid any wild accusations that he may show bias. All seems a little off. Also weird that nobody else has mentioned this. The one who mentioned it needs to present a photo because if he was that worked up about it then I’m sure he took a photo.

It absolutely happened. That person shouldn't have been there, and I'm pretty sure it's being addressed going forward.

• Informative
Reactions: JM4CY and BCClone

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Didn’t he wrestle 195 in HS? Is 74 a big cut for him?
I'm sure it is a decent cut, but it would be for Colbray as well. If Julien wants the spot in the lineup he needs to get down. Beneficial for both himself and the team.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
If what the poster said was true, it seems off. I doubt refs get to bring a posse into meets with the Covid situation. I also doubt they get to have them hang out right behind the home bench like it was mentioned, also hard to believe a ref would let his kid west any team stuff inside to avoid any wild accusations that he may show bias. All seems a little off. Also weird that nobody else has mentioned this. The one who mentioned it needs to present a photo because if he was that worked up about it then I’m sure he took a photo.
I was thinking the same thing.

Also, who cares? We have actual wrestling to talk about.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but all in all, I was really pleased with the dual.

Broderson, I'm sure coach will be getting his gas tank up to snuff and I imagine practice will be heavily weighted to mat wrestling. I'm sure he'll be fine. Young kid in DI has trouble getting out from under guys early in his career, that's just the way things generally go.

On the flip side, it feels like Carr has put a heavy emphasis on improving his own mat wrestling in the off-season. I can see him closing the gap on Deakin and Hidlay in a hurry.

165, a transfer in would sure be nice, but I sure the coaches are working hard to whip those guys into shape.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Maybe it was a recruit. Some of those Hawkeye recruits are not bright. Remember Woodbury wearing a Hawkeye T-shirt to his Iowa state visit with hoiberg?
That's a great way to get noticed in a bad way and not pick up an offer. "Know your audience" is a good life lesson.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but all in all, I was really pleased with the dual.

Broderson, I'm sure coach will be getting his gas tank up to snuff and I imagine practice will be heavily weighted to mat wrestling. I'm sure he'll be fine. Young kid in DI has trouble getting out from under guys early in his career, that's just the way things generally go.

On the flip side, it feels like Carr has put a heavy emphasis on improving his own mat wrestling in the off-season. I can see him closing the gap on Deakin and Hidlay in a hurry.

165, a transfer in would sure be nice, but I sure the coaches are working hard to whip those guys into shape.

I don’t know much about the kid who was at 157 for Wartburg, but Carr abused him. It honestly reminded me of what Zain Retherford used to do to people.