Open letter to Coach Hoiberg

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CYlent Bob, Mar 19, 2012.

1. CYlent Bob

CYlent Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    engineer/surveyor/rancher
    The Winterset Metroplex
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    I can't take credit for this. I just got this email from my old dorm buddy "Hogfarmer", who I think wrote this himself. I believe it expresses all the correct sentiments, so I wanted to share.

Dear Mayor,

I know you are disappointed we could not get past Kentucky. I'm there with you buddy!! The disappointment has already worn off as we Cyclone Fans review the season and look forward to the coming years. You have silenced the critics that said Jamie Pollard was crazy to hire you with no prior coaching experience. You also silenced the critics of 'Transfer U'. You proved that everybody deserves a second chance. In your 2nd year overall in coaching, you took ISU to the NCAA. What's even better than this year's performance is that you have restored 'Hilton Magic' and the excitement of Cyclone basketball that has been lacking for almost a decade. Can't wait for your campaign to be Governor!!!

Sincerely,
    Cyclone Fans

• Like Like x 1
  2. CLONECRAZY

CLONECRAZY Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Sales
    Eastern Iowa
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I concur. Concise and right on point.

Thanks for sharing.

3. ISUFB

ISUFB Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Male
    Mesa, AZ
    Ratings:
    +368 / 10 / -0
    Well said!
    Cannot WAIT for next year!

4. ItsCyence

ItsCyence Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Nebraska Panhandle
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4 / -0
    These are my thoughts as well. Not even I, who loved the Hoiberg hire, would have predicted this well of a season. We have some key pieces coming back next year and I am sure that Hoiberg will be able to get this team to the next level.

5. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    Ratings:
    +565 / 2 / -0
    Someone should e-mail JP and ask that he forward it.

:jimlad:

That aside, well written, I agree. Mayor will be governor when ISU is dominant in the state. President when they're dominant in the country?

6. cyfanman

cyfanman Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Asst. to County Engineer
    SW Iowa, Glenwood
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree totally! Coach Hoiberg has Iowa State headed in the right direction. I cant wait for next years team to hit the court. Keep up the good work!

7. Cardinal2001

Cardinal2001 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Programmer
    Ames
    Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -0
    Slow down on the praise, people. We don't want to give JP any reason to raise ticket prices next year! :jimlad:

8. Madclone1

Madclone1 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Send a copy to Matt Perault . . aka Giggles. He is the punk loud mouth who ridiculed the hire and totally hacked off John Walters. How's that gig working out for you in Massachusett's Giggles . . . 20 amp voice of the east coast?

9. Wappadu

Wappadu Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    That was a fun season. I'll have to give it some time for perspective, but this squad will be competing for my all-time favorite ISU team.

10. tube1

tube1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    Grown people writing letters to coaches? Guess I need to rachet up my passion or something.

11. dtISU

dtISU Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    A suburb of Ames
    Ratings:
    +230 / 12 / -0
    Somebody needs to e-mail JP about the fact that his coaches are getting letters from grown people.

12. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Ratings:
    +544 / 0 / -0
    Coach,
    Our team shot free throws real well at the tournament. That was great to see.

13. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Enginerd
    Johnston
    Ratings:
    +830 / 34 / -0
  14. gogagig

gogagig Well-Known Member

May 21, 2008
    Ratings:
    +1,243 / 43 / -0
    Royce if you are reading this I have but one simple request. Let me see you sweat. You sir could be a beast. You have put up good numbers and are helping out the team. I currently dream of what you could help this team accomplish if you would simply break a good ol nasty sweat. I've seen your games so far and I have yet to see sweat dripping from your face. It seems that you are holding back. You probably don't even know it. But if you want to leave a legacy like you have the potential to, you have to never take a play off. There is no reason that gaurds shouldn't fear driving into you. Make your presence known each play. That is your lane, defend it. You should feel ashamed to allow the teams score in the paint like they have. Keep your feet moving so you don't give up your position so easily. If you work enough to sweat for us during the games, you will leave a legacy that my kids will be talking about for many years to come.