Only a matter of time unfortunately...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We are all so cute.

There are a lot of similarities between all of the Lazard threads and all of the Hoiberg threads. Both are in high demand. None of us quite believe that either of them will not make a move away from Iowa State.

And the time for freaking out about both of them is WHEN or IF they make a move. We can spend months going over why Lazard switched to ND, if it happens. Same thing with Hoiberg and if he goes to the NBA or another college job.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
One thing I do wonder though......what must it be like to be an Iowa fan and not have your coach mentioned for any jobs? :)

Every time an NBA job comes open or a college job comes open, Hoiberg is on a list mentioned as a possibility. Fran the Man is not. It must be very freeing to be an Iowa basketball fan.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
One thing I do wonder though......what must it be like to be an Iowa fan and not have your coach mentioned for any jobs? :)

Every time an NBA job comes open or a college job comes open, Hoiberg is on a list mentioned as a possibility. Fran the Man is not. It must be very freeing to be an Iowa basketball fan.

I did hear Miller and Brinson mention Lickliter when they were talking about possible replacements for Brad Stevens. (Though I don't think they thought he would actually be a candidate)

Does that count?

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
Good lord reading these stupid threads day after day really gets old. Can we please get a rule in place that you have to have at least 100 posts before you can start a thread??

Reactions: Cycsk

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
We are all so cute.

There are a lot of similarities between all of the Lazard threads and all of the Hoiberg threads. Both are in high demand. None of us quite believe that either of them will not make a move away from Iowa State.

And the time for freaking out about both of them is WHEN or IF they make a move. We can spend months going over why Lazard switched to ND, if it happens. Same thing with Hoiberg and if he goes to the NBA or another college job.

Don't bring common sense into this. I want to freak out about something that may happen sometime or another.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

And there it is… It was only a matter of time. Even a crappy thread needs an Iowa reference, apparently.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
And there it is… It was only a matter of time. Even a crappy thread needs an Iowa reference, apparently.

It's not as bad as Cyclone Report, where half of the threads are only to report an encounter with a Hawk fan. Typically the entire thread goes like this.......

OP: "My wife and I were on vacation in Cancun and I walk down to the pool and sure enough, I see some db wearing a Hok shirt. I walked up and yelled Go Cyclones! and walked off proudly. What a jerk that Hok was"

Then followed by a dozen other posters chiming in with.....

"Must not have been a very nice hotel"
"Maybe he was part of the wait staff"
"I bet he's never stepped foot on the campus"

and on and on and on

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's not as bad as Cyclone Report, where half of the threads are only to report an encounter with a Hawk fan. Typically the entire thread goes like this.......

OP: "My wife and I were on vacation in Cancun and I walk down to the pool and sure enough, I see some db wearing a Hok shirt. I walked up and yelled Go Cyclones! and walked off proudly. What a jerk that Hok was"

Then followed by a dozen other posters chiming in with.....

"Must not have been a very nice hotel"
"Maybe he was part of the wait staff"
"I bet he's never stepped foot on the campus"

and on and on and on

I wouldn't know I'm not foolish enough to pay for a website.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Might as well add some humor to it. A stupid thread calls for a stupid response.

Why do you bother reading it?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
CFH is not going to be "lured" anywhere. He will go when and where he wants to go, on his terms. And I think he wants to achieve his goals at ISU (conf championship or three, some deep NCAA runs) before he declares victory.

Separately, CFH is smart enough to know great leaders often stay too long and lose their mojo (eg Bobby Bowden, Mack Brown, even Old Raisin Face). He will be watching for that in himself I think.

My prediction for the future is that CFH is here for another 7-10 years for sure. Then, if he feels stale and needs a different challenge, he'll go choose an NBA job. But if he still feels fresh and challenged, then he will stay on and probably retire as the ISU coach.

ForTheSquad

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2013
I think we can all agree that we need football season to come ASAP. If we had more to talk about, we wouldn't be constantly starting new threads on whether Fred and Lazard are going to leave Ames. Both of them have said that they are committed to bringing Cyclone Nation to new levels.