Only 1-7 team with no pressure on the head coach

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The Big 12 has the most conference members in the BCS standing of any conference in all of FBS, but you are right the conference sucks

You're right....TCU, Iowa State, Kansas, K-State, West Virginia are all solid teams. OK State is half the team they've been in recent years, you're right. OU is so great they let TEXAS beat the crap out of them in the Red River shoot out so they are really good too.

Take off the Big 12 fan boy blinders. This conference blows this year. Texas gets worked out in the non-conference and will finish 2nd in this league. Great conference indeed.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Hard to argue with you. Bad team

Yeah. Unfortunately, not only bad, but embarrassing.

Our offense is embarrassing. Our defense is embarrassing at times. Special teams embarrassing.

I think CPR and the coaches have lost this team. KSU is not that good. Pathetic effort today.

Better rally and get some confidence against TCU, KU and WVU. Need a win or two or this program is going to spiral the drain.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I worry that this is getting so out of hand, it can't be saved. Confidence of the players in the staff spirals out of control, fan base is on every single mistake. Reminds of the Greg McDermott situation where it just spiraled out of control after Wesley Johnson left. One thing led to another, and it just got out of hand.

We desperately need a QB like Seneca Wallace to come in here and save this thing. AJ and Jake cleaned up a ton of mistakes and weaknesses the last few years. If we could somehow find a Sage or Seneca type guy to play QB it would cover up a lot of this. Sadly doesn't look like that guy is coming. I keep saying it, but we don't have a chance in these games right now, we really don't. With the current offense we are brining a knife to a gun fight. We just have no chance.

ISU is playing for their lives the next 10 years in the B12, PR will have to make some changes. He made two horrible blunders hiring Mess and then keeping him last year. He can't make that mistake again.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
No you are obnoxiously obviously the ******* idiot.

Look at the jr sr class, and look at the lack of production. Then use that little microscopic brain, and realize why it is the way it is.

Rhoads gets at least another year you being a piece of **** for the coach moron helps NO-ONE

How have you not been banned? All you do is attack any poster who disagrees with you and cuss them out.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
How have you not been banned? All you do is attack any poster who disagrees with you and cuss them out.

WAY TO PAY ATTENTION.

I offer real and genuine reasons why this looks like it does now. Just because your brain doesn't want to believe that there is a real reason that this is not ONLY Paul Rhoads fault I can't fix that

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
CPRs seat is as cool as a cucumber. No way can ISU afford to buy him out, let alone have enough money left over to hire anyone decent.

But as I said, after 35 years as a fan, I'm starting to just believe what I posted last week, that it just can't be done here. No point in changing coaches, it's not going to make a difference. CPR is here until 2021 unless he leaves voluntarily. I still haven't given up on him completely but his players and his staff apparently have stopped caring.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
A little OT, but...

Let's not be angry at Lazard if he decommits. For top-tier athletes, football isn't just a game, it's a potential livelihood (sometimes meaning millions of dollars). So Lazard should do what's best for him, and I don't think an argument exists that's what's best for him is attending Iowa State University.

If this year was just mediocre like the last couple, you could argue a player like Lazard would help take us to the next level, both showcasing his talents and bringing the program more success.

But sitting at 1 - 7, I'll actually feel bad for him if he still comes here. Decisions at age 18 are not always rational, and are often regretted later in life. But most of us don't have to worry about losing the opportunity of a lifetime like being a first round NFL pick.

I'm mentally prepared for it, and already wish him the best.
I am just glad he is smarter than you.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The only way he should have pressure now is some of the recruits start pulling and more important, if by spring game there are no changes on his staff. Youth and injuries along with some poor game time coaching are combining into making this one of the worst seasons in recent memory. The young should get older and wiser.....the injured should heal. That leaves coaching. And if everything is everything on the staff come April.....after what we are witnessing now...I think he then needs to put pulled aside and asked why.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
In years 6 through 11 Danny Mac went 39-35 with 5 bowl games. Will Rhoads do that in the next 6 years.....maybe?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
People like to bring up what Danny Mac did after 2003, but the reality is he didn't get the job done. 2005 and 2006 season were failures and 2004 was also to some degree. Using the Dan Mac example is a poor one.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
People like to bring up what Danny Mac did after 2003, but the reality is he didn't get the job done. 2005 and 2006 season were failures and 2004 was also to some degree. Using the Dan Mac example is a poor one.
Maybe so, but watching North Texas' passion and intensity this week, and then watching us today, I'd say there is a leadership difference between the two coaches. This team has mailed it in a lot lately, starting with the pathetic bowl performance last year. When I heard some players after the UNI game say it was a "wake up call," I was alarmed. The opening game of the season, and you're not prepared? Huh? Something is wrong here.

Last edited:

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Maybe so, but watching North Texas' passion and intensity this week, and then watching us today, I'd say there is a leadership difference between the two...

Oh, Dan is also leading his team to a bowl game this year. Already bowl eligible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron