Ongoing Ebay Drama

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Find a store, man. Stores sell sweatshirts.

Plus, you can take the item home with you. Or (get ready for your mind to be completely blown apart) you can even wear it on your WAY home!

I'm sure they could arrange for it to be shipped 6 day ground if you're into that, though.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Telling or threatening to leave negative feedback in a seller dispute is a no no. The seller can use that against you to have your feedback removed.

Having said that, just open a case. eBay pretty much finds for the buyer in every seller dispute. You will get your money back, and shipping, and likely not have to return the item at all.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Easy solution. I do a lot of transactions on eBay and for some big ticket items. Finally ran into a screwball last month. Same situation. I opened a case on eBay and they resolved it quickly. I got a complete refund.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Seriously, when are you going to stop buying things online?

You should seriously only conduct business face to face for the foreseeable future.

At some point, when does this become a "you" problem?

Find a store, man. Stores sell sweatshirts.

On the bright side, at least the package got to you!

Plus, you can take the item home with you. Or (get ready for your mind to be completely blown apart) you can even wear it on your WAY home!

I'm sure they could arrange for it to be shipped 6 day ground if you're into that, though.

He could probably even go to the store, buy the sweatshirt, and then have them ship it to a random address, just to make it feel more like normal.

Excellent these posts are.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Telling or threatening to leave negative feedback in a seller dispute is a no no. The seller can use that against you to have your feedback removed.

Having said that, just open a case. eBay pretty much finds for the buyer in every seller dispute. You will get your money back, and shipping, and likely not have to return the item at all.

Actually what I specifically said was "I don't want to leave negative feedback and open a case." Don't know if that is still considered a threat.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you used the word Feedback, and you leave him a negative, he will likely try to get out of it. Best to say things which get the message through and yet doesn't explicitly spell out negative feedback.

"Unless you give me a full refund, I won't be happy with this transaction" :smile:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just do Craigslist from now on, then at least you only have to worry about that pesky Craigslist Killer.

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
I just bought a USMNT home jersey off of EBay for $89.99, nowhere else is selling the "Where's Waldo" looking jersey and the guy jacked the price up to over $218. Instead of charging my account $89.99 before the sale was final, he wanted to charge the $218. Lucky after a angry phone call, he let me cancel my order because it didn't ship yet.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
That's shady. I won a Lego set they don't make anymore for $239. I got a message they listed the wrong item and they refunded my money. 2 days later the same seller had that same set listed for $319. Not much you can do about it though...

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
JUST SENT TO ME BY SELLER:

"yeah but i do not accept them. and i will not take it back. i spent 6 dollars out of my own damn pocket to ship this. now i might as well burn the god damn shirt. its just going to keep robbing me of money. i dont pay 6 dollars so you can look at it and decide if you want. you know what you got and you got exactly that. sell it yourself. i am not taking a loss of 6 dollars on this. you need to pay the shipping back to me and 6 dollars extra for what i paid to get this to you. you are scum. i hate you"

First of all I paid $7.69 for shipping, when it cost only $5.80. This guy is something else. Hok fan probably

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
JUST SENT TO ME BY SELLER AGAIN

"not only the money, you my precious time. i dont have time to deal with this ****. if you didnt want the exact item you ordered then don't ******* buy it ******. its that simple. give me negative feedback, i dont ******* care. this site isnt even worth using with ******* ****** like you buying things you dont want and me wasting my pecious money and time to do this. i dont have 6 dollars to take a **** on. nobody is stupid enough to spend 6 dollars to show you a shirt. **** you and everyone like you. you are ******** "

Um......wow.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
JUST SENT TO ME BY SELLER:

"yeah but i do not accept them. and i will not take it back. i spent 6 dollars out of my own damn pocket to ship this. now i might as well burn the god damn shirt. its just going to keep robbing me of money. i dont pay 6 dollars so you can look at it and decide if you want. you know what you got and you got exactly that. sell it yourself. i am not taking a loss of 6 dollars on this. you need to pay the shipping back to me and 6 dollars extra for what i paid to get this to you. you are scum. i hate you"

First of all I paid $7.69 for shipping, when it cost only $5.80. This guy is something else. Hok fan probably

Is that guy 12 years old?

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Is that guy 12 years old?

Yep:

"seriously, what the **** is wrong with you to ship this back for no ******* reason. this is unreal. there is something wrong with you. why the **** are you buying this. this isnt brewers.com buddy. this is ebay. i dont have 6 dollars to wipe my ******* *** with. you got lucky that my listing says returns accepted. it was pure luck and im going to make sure i get over on you for this. better hope you dont sell actively on here. i will put million dollar bids on every listing you have for the rest of your life "

This is making my day