On Vette

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I am just getting into the office and have made a few calls on this situation.

What I have gathered is as follows:

1) This is not a situation where Clayton has ANYTHING wrong with Iowa State, the basketball program, Coach McDermott or otherwise

2) This is totally a personal decision, and there are aspects involved that all parties wish to just remain personal and private, so I will certainly respect that.

3) No one believes that he is transferring anywhere to play basketball.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

1) This is not a situation where Clayton has ANYTHING wrong with Iowa State, the basketball program, Coach McDermott or otherwise

2) This is totally a personal decision, and there are aspects involved that all parties wish to just remain personal and private, so I will certainly respect that.

Wow, that changes perceptions. He must have something big going on if he isn't even thinking about basketball right now. I wonder if it is something that will allow him to sit out a semester or year and come back??

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

I agree with you on all accounts. There are times when things just aren't as important or right and I think it's best if everybody wishes Clayton the best and not bash him.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Wow, that changes perceptions. He must have something big going on if he isn't even thinking about basketball right now. I wonder if it is something that will allow him to sit out a semester or year and come back??

1 - It's personal and that's enough. It's nobody's business and it should be left at that.

2 - I don't foresee him ever suiting up for ISU again.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I just hope it's nothing overly serious. Health or anything of the like.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Thanks Jon, Hopefully everyone reads this and comes to their senses on trying to blame Gmac, not that it shouldn't be common sense to begin with.....:wink:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have heard Ross Marsden has recruited him to play on the ISU basketball Club team with him.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Not to bash him, but what do you think the coaches are going to say? It's not like they are going to contribute to making it look like he just got homesick. I of course could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply that.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
What does that say about the state of Iowa in general that the Mr. Basketball doesn't even play Division I ball? Nice waste of time and energy. Get this ship righted GMAC

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
This is too bad especially in light of all the player loss we've had the last several years. I do hope this is the last player we lose for quite a while.