On That Note: In the Year '95 (at 25)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In '95 I was a high school kid but all I listened to were The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

The Bends from '95 is a top 10 album for me now, but I didn't actually really listen to it until about 2005 other than hearing the two "hits" from time to time.

Title track is my favorite on the album:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

This entire album is very good. The worst song is like a 7/10. They could have picked any random song to release as singles and it wouldn't have mattered.

Second album quite a letdown from this and not surprised that was it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pulp, Different Class

For something a little different, you can check out William Shatner's version of "Common People"

I come onto things late, I just started listening to Pulp a lot lately.

The song "underwear" is incredible.

I'm just always listening to 20-30 year old music. I'll probably be listening to today's music in 30 years.

Reactions: flynnhicks03

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I come onto things late, I just started listening to Pulp a lot lately.

The song "underwear" is incredible.

I'm just always listening to 20-30 year old music. I'll probably be listening to today's music in 30 years.

Yeah, I was a little late to the "Pulp Party", too, but this album is great. "Underwear" is one of my favorites (obviously, since I posted the video). There is some good music still being made these days, but you really have to look. People will probably still be listening to music from the '60s through the '90s in 30 years.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

I was at that Radiohead metro show. I was able to rest my arms on the stage in between songs. I was right next to a speaker. My left ear rang for 2 weeks. The girl I went with still has the handwritten set list that she was able to get from Thom. Really fun night.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
On to my Honorable Mention/Niche Appeal section …

Gutterball
“Weasel”

Second album from the “supergroup” with ex-members of The Dream Syndicate, The Long Ryders and House of Freaks (among others). It's off-the-cuff garage rock, sometimes shallow, sometimes deep ... If you're in the mood for it, it's brilliant.

“In the town there was a liquor store / broken bottles all over the floor / they won’t let me shop there anymore”

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The Jesus and Mary Chain
“Hate Rock and Roll”
September 1995

Excuse my late ballot-entry …completely forgot to include it ... technically it shouldn’t count, it’s a compilation of B-sides, not a proper album … but it contains one of my top 10 songs from the ‘90s (first sample) and some other cool s****.

Opening track:

Reactions: 20eyes

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron