On a scale 1-10 how ****** off/upset are you?

How ****** are you?

• Total voters

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
When you're already asking when the basketball season starts, apathy has set in, and that's a much more dangerous attitude than extreme anger. If we had lost to NDSU like we lost to UNI last year, that would have been anger of an 11. NDSU ran over us kind of like how Oklahoma normally does. That's a very dangerous thing to do and still expect the fans to care.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
This was the most winnable game on the schedule and to get pasted by 20 at home just shows that a bowl game is totally out of reach. If we win, at least we could convince/lie to ourselves that 5 more games on the schedule are winnable but now, not so much. This games just makes this entire season a mute point. I am sick and tire of the season being over after the first game (last year's UNI game did the same thing...)

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Meh. I put a 4. We showed signs of improvement and signs of regression. The development seems questionable and our conditioning doesn't appear to be improving our durability. Sure, sometimes I wish Wally would tighten up the coverage if we aren't going to stop the run anyways and sometimes I wish Rhoads would be more aggressive, but that isn't what makes me mad.

The team chemistry is so shaky and what do you think it shows them when they look up to see fans leaving early? All I am saying is that it is days like this where they need us the most and we give them the least.

This is when you see how truly invested some fans are. I get sick of hearing how we have the most loyal fans in the nation and yet they can't sit through the whole damn game to support their team. That is probably what upsets me the most.

The fans keep showing up, keep giving money and keep rocking Jack Trice. You can't keep giving them a ****** product and be ****** when they don't get all excited for it. The fans are the only thing about Cyclone Football that have produced great results the last couple years. Calling them out because they don't want to embrace a pathetic performance is complete ********.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Scale 1-10.......10 being the highest amount of ****** off.

1. I truly just don't give a **** anymore. This is likely the last season I'm spending any money on the football program. Sucks its come to this but I just don't care. At all.

Today was actually easy to stomach for me, I've been convinced for months we'd lose easily today, feel bad for the rest of you who actually tried to be optimistic.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I thought they'd lose and bet that they would. After last year I had zero expectations. I'm surprised, frankly, at how bad they are. I have no confidence in CPR.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Basically what Cydkar said.
Prior to last year, I thought CPR had moved the program into something with a future instead of a hopeless mess. Now I'm dead sure that we're losing at least 10 games, and not in remotely competitive ways. We're getting thrashed all year long because CPR built a lousy program.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Basically what Cydkar said.
Prior to last year, I thought CPR had moved the program into something with a future instead of a hopeless mess. Now I'm dead sure that we're losing at least 10 games, and not in remotely competitive ways. We're getting thrashed all year long because CPR built a lousy program.

Behold the result of 5 years of poor recruiting in the trenches. At least 5-19 gene did that much right.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
The fans keep showing up, keep giving money and keep rocking Jack Trice. You can't keep giving them a ****** product and be ****** when they don't get all excited for it. The fans are the only thing about Cyclone Football that have produced great results the last couple years. Calling them out because they don't want to embrace a pathetic performance is complete ********.
Jack Trice was not rocking today. Hanging the season up after one game? Asking if it is basketball season already? Talk about loyalty..

Our players have to embrace that game. Newsflash: It happened. Scampering out of there with 12 minutes left doesn't make you feel any better, does it? That lack of commitment doesn't help our player morale, does it? You do realize you will have to embrace it sooner or later, right? Welcome to the real world. If you really think that's ******** then you have some growing up to do.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
1. I truly just don't give a **** anymore. This is likely the last season I'm spending any money on the football program. Sucks its come to this but I just don't care. At all.

Today was actually easy to stomach for me, I've been convinced for months we'd lose easily today, feel bad for the rest of you who actually tried to be optimistic.
I was optimistic ISU's innate advantages could overcome CPR's shortcomings. My mistake.
When we play P5 teams it is easy to tell yourself it is all recruiting. These games make it clear it is more due to years of the opposition being better developed and having better schemes. CPR is a good salesman though.

Oct 2, 2012
Iowa
I voted a 7. Not because I'm mad about the game or the team's performance. I'm mad at myself more than anything. This is my 3rd season as a season ticket holder (I'm 28) and I see absolutely zero return on my investment into the football program. There is no reason for me to be at the stadium as opposed to watching the game at home. The feeling after NDSU broke out that 80 yard run in the 2nd quarter is the same feeling the entire stadium has had during my time attending live football games at Jack Trice: deflated. Since 2011, the 40,000+ season ticket holders have been treated to an overall record of 4-10 which included losses to UNI and NDSU. Our sole win in 2013 at home was Kansas. That's right... 1-5 at home in 2013.

I've been following the Cyclones throughout my short lived years and know to expect Iowa State to be sub-par; however, I bought in anyway because at least we showed up at home every now and then and gave the fans a reason to actually show up to the game: an amazing atmosphere when Iowa State pulled one out. I'm not throwing in the towel on my season tickets yet because it's still early in the season, but if the football team can't even show up to play at home, then I have no reason to show up and support them in person. Give me a reason to come out to the game and I'll gladly continue to do so. Give me what you did today and I'll find a better use for the amount of money I put towards this program and the university.

To every season ticket holder out there: you have every right to complain about the product on the field. If this type of performance was put on display anywhere else, the fan base would respond in kind by not showing up. Iowa State should be counting their blessings that their fan base has been as accepting of the atrocious product being put on display considering the amount of money they're requesting from their consumer base to see it. Even master salesman JP will have a hard time retaining season ticket holders at this rate.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
The return on investment is horrendous. I ask myself why I should care when all I am going to ever be is disappointed. Seems time could be used for productive or at least more satisfying activities.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
As others have pointed out, apathy is dangerous -- very dangerous. Today was the first time in my 10 years of attending Iowa State football games, that I just wasn't enjoying myself.

Oh..and by the way, the ticket price increases due to the South Endzone expansion are coming.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Jack Trice was not rocking today. Hanging the season up after one game? Asking if it is basketball season already? Talk about loyalty..

Our players have to embrace that game. Newsflash: It happened. Scampering out of there with 12 minutes left doesn't make you feel any better, does it? That lack of commitment doesn't help our player morale, does it? You do realize you will have to embrace it sooner or later, right? Welcome to the real world. If you really think that's ******** then you have some growing up to do.

Jack Trice was great until the team gave them absolutely nothing to cheer for.

And for the record, I stayed the entire game. Always have and always will. With the **** show that was the last 3 quarters today and the **** poor performance during home games the last couple years, I can't get mad at the people that left early.

People are ****** and they have every right to be. I will wait a couple games before I make my judgment on this team. I still think a bowl game is very possible. Play like that again and I'll know I'm wrong.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Our players have to embrace that game. Newsflash: It happened. Scampering out of there with 12 minutes left doesn't make you feel any better, does it?

I felt significantly better after leaving because I didn't have to watch that depressing display.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm not willing to give up, yet. We beat KSU and we are 1-1, about where we hoped to be. I think anyone who thought that Mangino was going to solve all of our issues was misguided. The performance today was bad. Losing Farniok and Brundage was a nightmare scenario, but it wouldn't have mattered. We got our butts kicked by a better team.

I do think they have to get this figured out or start to see less fan support. I'm to the point where it's hard to justify spending the time/money on going. If today's performance is what I'm going to see, i can watch that at home, and I sense I'm not the only one that's starting to feel that way...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron