OMG Dexter!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Same here. My wife and I just sat dumbstruck for the past 5 minutes. Dexter has been approved for a 5th season... it should be interesting what happens next year

Reactions: Psyclone Brian

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I keep hearing that this is a show i need to watch...

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Craziness. The show can go anywhere from here. I didnt realy see it coming.

How will he have time to kill anyone when he has to take care of 3 kids all by himself?'

Will he go on a rampage or try to quit all together?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I loved how throughout the episode it made it appear that Dexter was going to part ways with his "dark passenger". Now I think he'll throw out the code and just do his own thing. One thing is for sure, the show is WAAAAY better than the books.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I wonder what kind of personality that Dexter will have next season. I can see it either way, he may mellow out to get rid of his dark passenger or get so enraged he will push his dark passenger out further. I personally would have liked to see Trinity to escape and force Dexter to keep track of him throughout the country.

It'll be interesting what they do with the kids. I'm sure that there will be quite a focus on the mindset of the two older kids (if they stay in the picture).

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I have to say, and I may be a minority here, but I really don't want a season of "how will Dexter juggle being a single father with wanting to kill bad people." I think that would get old quick.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Are you freakingt kidding me!?!? Bravo. Hands down the best written show I have ever watched. It also happens to be one of the most disturbing as well. I was starting to get the feeling the show was going stale this season. I was absolutely incorrect. I think what makes the show so fresh is that they do not hold their characters untouchable no matter how much they invest in them. Unlike every other show I have ever watched, by season 4 yoiu can recognize a recipe and tend to see what is coming. This one throws me off everytime. About the only other show I can compare it to is HBO's Oz which is interesting because several characters on Oz are in Dexter. I am guessing there is a connection.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
I'm still not sold on the fact that she might have been (well I won't say it for those who haven't seen it).
The camera lighting made me kind of think that it was a possible hallucination. I could easily see him falling asleep on the couch while packing those bags and imagining that.

Did you watch the interview with tha actors afterwards (as well as some print interviews)? I think it's a safe bet she is gone.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What I have always loved about Dexter and other showtime/HBO shows is that fact that they are not afraid to kill main people, thus always keeping things changing and fresh. The Rita killing and Deb knowing that Dexter's mom was killed like that could be two seasons of stuff.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
This is definitely the best show on television. Ending last night has me craving for more. Can't wait to see where the show goes from here. For all of you who have not watched this show, go buy them, you'll be glad you did.