Omaha sports radio on NU transfers

Discussion in 'General College Sports' started by dafarmer, Apr 11, 2017.

1. dafarmer

dafarmer Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Male
    Duh- farming
    SW Iowa
    While listening to both Omaha sports stations, they keep wondering why transfer when they could play for s P5 school. There will be all kind of playing time at a major university. Don't they realize players want to win and play before rabid fans in a packed gym. Miles days are numbered and who would want to coach at that ####hole of a university.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. aauummm

aauummm Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Male
    Retired Civil Engineer
    Altoona
    Huck the Fuskers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. stateofmind

stateofmind Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Male
    IT
    Ankeny
    Sounds like ISU fans when players leave the football program or the basketball program prior to CFH.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. cydsho

cydsho Active Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Omaha, NE
    Usually when it comes to having to listen to Omaha sports radio, I just turn the radio off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

If you look at the last few years, the talent level has generally been good. With the mediocre results and player transfers, you should start to see a pattern that leads you to conclude that something isn't quite working.

6. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    Uh, Nebraska has that,they get more people to home games than we do....they've averaged over 15k fans since the Pinnacle Bank Arena opened 4 years ago. When you consider how little success they've had, thats amazing. I can't stand them but their fans come out and support their team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Staff Writer
    MN
    Remember that time they won an NCAA tourney game? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    Do they still give students free season tickets to basketball with every football season ticket purchase?

9. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    Well sure their new arena is bigger than Hilton. Lincoln is at least double the size of Ames if not more. And besides NU sports what is there to do in the hell hole state? **** sheep?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. cyclonebillski

cyclonebillski Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Male
    Golf Course Asst Super
    Council Bluffs
    I honestly used to listen to 1620 daily when it was Kugler and Severe. Kugler is a real talent. Everyone they have now are awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. madguy30

madguy30 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    On the BTN a couple of months ago there was some sort of 'round table' of coaches featuring Gene Keady, Bo Ryan, someone else, and the Nebraska coach.

Them trying to act interested when he spoke...

12. LLCoolJansma

LLCoolJansma Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Male
    Quality
    Minneapolis
    To be fair Omaha/Nebby sports commentators watch Creighton games instead of NU BB. ;)

We really need the Pirate Jimad back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CloneLawman

CloneLawman Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Male
    jimlad.png

14. dafarmer

dafarmer Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Male
    Duh- farming
    SW Iowa
    Their packed gym attendance included a new arena. Now you could swing a dead cat and not hit anybody. City of Lincoln built both the arena and baseball field. So muck for spending all that BIG Ten money.

15. knowlesjam

knowlesjam Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Weather Warrior
    Papillion, NE
    Remember the Cubs a few years ago...sell outs every home game despite *rap on the field. Management had no reason to make the team better as revenue was rolling in. Same at Nebbie as they put 15k butts in seats despite *rap on the court. Change will happen if people stop renewing tickets...they may have BIG money, but they also have a BIG arena that they still need to pay for...and the state is going through spending cuts just like Iowa.

16. Acylum

Acylum Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Fed Govt
    Parts Unknown
    I was surprised Miles wasn't let go after this season. Although, since it's Nebraska and basketball, maybe I shouldn't have been.

17. cydsho

cydsho Active Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah, you are right about Kugler. I have a negative outlook since he did husker stuff, but when I hear him now doing whatever and he is very very good.

18. SC Cy

SC Cy Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to Omaha sports radio in three years. Thank God for iHeart radio. I don't know if it's the format or the talent behind the mic but 1460 is light years better than anything here.

19. cyinne

cyinne Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    590 AM in Omaha is a pretty good listen to from 2:00-6:00. They have a show that does do quite a bit Huskers but also does other things that interest people that don't care much for the Huskers. Sometimes they talk Creighton, UNO, Iowa State, Iowa, alcohol, beer, they also have a segment or 2 each week they do with Sage Rosenfels. One of the hosts is from Des Moines and covered Iowa State while he was in Des Moines.

20. isu81

isu81 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    2016 attendance was 11th in the country, ahead of Iowa State by over 1,000/game. Both fall just short of their arena's seating capacity.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2016.pdf