Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I still think you're crazy if you expect Smith to go for 50 and 500 but OK

It is all going to hinge on TE play. If Iowa is able to plug and play at the TE position whoever the #1 WR option is will end up benefiting greatly. I do think teams will be able to defend Iowa much differently this year though.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
And.... how is that different than most teams every year... Does that mean it is not a great year because they got handled in their bowl game?

That Fake ID thing was taken away by Cowherd after Iowa stomped OSU in 2017. not sure why it is used still, but that is what ISU fans like to say because of the 2015 season when Iowa did not play a great team until the title game.

Michigan St had a great year, but was not a great team as you referred to them. Great teams do not get their doors blown off and shut out.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Top to bottom, we could have a more complete passing game than last year. Hakeem Butler might have been the best WR we've had but Coach Campbell has guys he's recruited to help fill that void. He's also gone out and got guys too. When Dee Dee Westbrook was gone from Baker Mayfield, who stepped up? Hollywood Brown. When Hollywood Brown left, who's next? Cedee Lamb. We're in a similar situation right now.

I do not think you are on OU level. OU is the big boy of the big 12

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I do not think you are on OU level. OU is the big boy of the big 12
We're not on OU's level, but the recruits we have coming in are guys that could have gone to those types of schools and were offered, so I don't see why them playing and contributing in big ways is out of this world.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We're not on OU's level, but the recruits we have coming in are guys that could have gone to those types of schools and were offered, so I don't see why them playing and contributing in big ways is out of this world.

Plus it's well documented within the Tavern Hawk trailer court that recruiting rankings are meaningless...

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
If he was good it wouldn't be hard to picture that but he's not so...

Those two are not far off your returning players stats with 3 guys in front of them instead of just 1. If they are considered suck, what does that say about ISU guys?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Because you just do not replace NFL wrs at a school like ISU year in and year out. Hell you do not do it at Iowa with the TE position either even though we have guys coming in that were highly regarded.