Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With that success the coordinators will soon start to get more attention, and they will leave for an opportunity. ISU and Iowa fan bases are loyal to a fault most of the time. And minimal suspensions have happened at both places recently so i am not sure what you mean there.... unless it was not a dig at iowa and pointing out a good culture for ISU, with which i agree.
No no not a dig at Iowa at all, just stating where ISU's program is currently at. And coordinators do leave often, especially when a team is successful. Not having an OC last year, especially at the beginning of the year proved to be difficult, and getting Tom Manning back was huge. Keeping John Heacock is highly important, but I do think he and Campbell see eye to eye and Campbell has been adamant on his contracts including the increase of pay to his coordinators, so hopefully he's here to stay. This is absolutely not a fault on Iowa's fanbase, and it's not their fault, but they have yet to test truly how loyal the fanbase is. I'm sure Iowa's fanbase is, but even when Iowa State was going 3-9 we were selling out games and showing up to show support. Matt Campbell talked about that in his opening day press conference.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Secondary, rb, wr, are certainly unknown for breakout players sake. Those were your stars last year. Eisworth is good, but who steps in by him is important.

We lose Peavy and Payne but still return quite a few guys with a lot of snaps in the secondary. We just brought in a big time grad transfer WR and two 4 star RBs. Nobody is going to return their whole team but I would say this is the least "unknown" team ISU has had in quite some time

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
We lose Peavy and Payne but still return quite a few guys with a lot of snaps in the secondary. We just brought in a big time grad transfer WR and two 4 star RBs. Nobody is going to return their whole team but I would say this is the least "unknown" team ISU has had in quite some time

That is fair. For Iowa sake, it is about the same, we brought in some highly ranked TEs and a highly regarded wr transfer and we only need to worry about depth.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah because playing texas tech, baylor, kansas, and k state is lethal every year.... that is now an automatic 4 wins.

Baylor should actually be really good this year.... There's no hiding in the round robin schedule like there is in the B1G West...

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That is fair. For Iowa sake, it is about the same, we brought in some highly ranked TEs and a highly regarded wr transfer and we only need to worry about depth.

Our transfer chose us over Auburn and can play this year. Your transfer chose Iowa over Iowa and will most likely sit the year. I'm not even sure who you have at TE to be honest

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Secondary, rb, wr, are certainly unknown for breakout players sake. Those were your stars last year. Eisworth is good, but who steps in by him is important.
We also have Braxton Lewis, Lawrence White, and a grad transfer that have played that position, and started at that position. Not to mention a high prospect freshman that could come in and see time there. Our two corners played in a lot of games last year. We don't have Hakeem and don't have Montgomery, but we do have guys that have played tremendous amounts of snaps and have proven to be good, just not as good as two of the best players in CFB at their positions last year. Throw in a great defense and a very talented young QB and you have a pretty dang good team.

Sure there are some areas where you have to replace some guys, but that happens everywhere. That's why almost every national source has us in the top-25, getting 3rd in the Big 12 (awesome to say that), and even pushing to be in the Big 12 Title game.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
When
Baylor should actually going to be really good this year.... There's no hiding in the round robin schedule like there is in the B1G West...

When half the teams are bad to below average, you do not need to hide anything

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
We also have Braxton Lewis, Lawrence White, and a grad transfer that have played that position, and started at that position. Not to mention a high prospect freshman that could come in and see time there. Our two corners played in a lot of games last year. We don't have Hakeem and don't have Montgomery, but we do have guys that have played tremendous amounts of snaps and have proven to be good, just not as good as two of the best players in CFB at their positions last year. Throw in a great defense and a very talented young QB and you have a pretty dang good team.

Sure there are some areas where you have to replace some guys, but that happens everywhere. That's why almost every national source has us in the top-25, getting 3rd in the Big 12 (awesome to say that), and even pushing to be in the Big 12 Title game.

With expectations come a target too. There is no more sneaking up on people. They will tske ISU seriously from now on. Hopefully a texas Oklahoma or OSU are not in your way at the end of the year.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Baylor will be good this year and Kansas State has been a better program than Iowa during the KF era

K-State has taken several steps in the wrong direction though. With the Wizard gone I think they will really struggle for the foreseeable future. Klieman was basically at the Alabama of FCS football where he had all of the advantages. For our sake I absolutely loved the hire.... Secondly, you just don't see a lot head coaches at the P5 level getting picked from FCS jobs.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When

When half the teams are bad to below average, you do not need to hide anything
Dude, 8 teams in the Big 12 went to a bowl game last year.. KSU lost to us in their final game to not allow them to make one. Then there's KU who is obviously garbage but even beat Rutgers (worst team in the B10) 55-14 last year.

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
K-State has taken several steps in the wrong direction though. With the Wizard gone I think they will really struggle for the foreseeable future. Klieman was basically at the Alabama of FCS football where he had all of the advantages. For our sake I absolutely loved the hire.... Secondly, you just don't see a lot head coaches at the P5 level getting picked from FCS jobs.

Oh I agree I just find it funny that Kansas State is now a free win when Iowa fans would give anything to have the success they had the last couple decades

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
With expectations come a target too. There is no more sneaking up on people. They will tske ISU seriously from now on. Hopefully a texas Oklahoma or OSU are not in your way at the end of the year.

This is a really bad take. Yikes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They are not. Our schedule is good to us this year in where each team falls on our schedule.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron