Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You can tell it's been awhile since Iowa has had a good WR. DJK and McNutt were good almost ten years ago. They get a guy in Smith that can make contested (they call them prayers when we throw them to Lazard and Butler) catches, and they think their WRs are good. Smith is a Big 10 receiver, and then what?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You can tell it's been awhile since Iowa has had a good WR. DJK and McNutt were good almost ten years ago. They get a guy in Smith that can make contested (they call them prayers when we throw them to Lazard and Butler) catches, and they think their WRs are good. Smith is a Big 10 receiver, and then what?

Oh man, was DJK really a decade ago now?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I’d say Smith and ISM are solid receivers.

The rest, meh.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

The one catch vs PSU is basically what all Hawk fans are basing his greatness on

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree with you, but it has been settled on this board that the AP poll is the go to poll. I'm just playing by the rules.

Yes, the AP poll has always been the go to prior to the playoff poll's first release. The playoff poll doesn't put out end of season rankings so again the AP poll is what everyone uses.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yes, the AP poll has always been the go to prior to the playoff poll's first release. The playoff poll doesn't put out end of season rankings so again the AP poll is what everyone uses.

I agree with you, but unless you are in the running for the top 4, the CFP doesn't really hold much weight either. I don't think they put a ton of stock into teams that are say 12-25.

• Disagree
Reactions: GTO

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree with you, but unless you are in the running for the top 4, the CFP doesn't really hold much weight either. I don't think they put a ton of stock into teams that are say 12-25.

Then why does the AP poll magically correct itself every year after the week 1 playoff poll comes out?

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and GTO