Ole Bill just runs a mini-NBA program down there ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
If you go to Kansas MBB don't expect to coast and just get your degree. It is semi-pro basketball and they have the luxury of being near the top and getting the top talent.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
tenor.gif

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Player transfers are pretty common anymore in college basketball. This isn't really newsworthy.

It's newsworthy if Kansas is squeezing out players to upgrade talent like a fat man at a buffet dropping a deuce to make more room for endless ribs. (Hint: which is exactly what Kansas is doing)

Edit add-on -- there's a big difference between what Iowa State, for example, did in explaining Jakolby's situation to him and THEN filling that scholarship. Kansas is taking commitments beyond the allotted scholarship limit, then getting rid of dudes. That's BS. I assume that's Surly's point.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm sorry, but if you are a marginal transfer and you go to Kansas I won't feel sorry for you if you are recruited over--which I think is what the OP is suggesting I should feel...?

Switch

Aug 22, 2012
If you don't think CSP is working to recruit over current players he isn't doing his job. Tim Floyd tried to recruit over Jacy Holloway for 4 years. He has admitted that publicly and laughs about it now.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It's newsworthy if Kansas is squeezing out players to upgrade talent like a fat man at a buffet dropping a deuce to make more room for endless ribs. (Hint: which is exactly what Kansas is doing)

Edit add-on -- there's a big difference between what Iowa State, for example, did in explaining Jakolby's situation to him and THEN filling that scholarship. Kansas is taking commitments beyond the allotted scholarship limit, then getting rid of dudes. That's BS. I assume that's Surly's point.
Uh, that's not what happened here. KU was not over the scholarship limit.
Azubuike, Vick, Cunliffe, Lightfoot, Lawson, Lawson, Garrett, Moore, DeSousa, Agbachi, Grimes, Dotson, McCormack. That's the scholly limit of 13.

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Most think Ku has a national championship team this year; one can probably assume Self is using that now to cull the litter.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/sam-cunliffe-430?guccounter=1
Or Self fully expected Vick to be gone but then he returned. Self was perfectly FINE with Sam staying at KU. He works his butt off, is in good standing academically and has been a great teammate. Cunliffe just spent a few weeks evaluating the team in summer workouts and realized he was 7th on the perimeter player depth chart and decided to pursue better opportunities. Good for him. He knew coming into Kansas that it would take some recruiting misses and players leaving early for him to get big minutes at KU. He did his part but the roster luck didn't break for him.

Last edited: